Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve put in my order for a 1025R and am now impatiently awaiting arrival. First, let me thank you for the various threads you all have contributed to. Between your experiences, TTWT, and GWT I was able to make what I feel is an informed choice. That says a lot since I knew next to nothing about sub compacts until I started this journey 6 months ago

All that said, here is my question. Have any of you used the Frontier fork grapple? I really can’t justify the expense of a “real” grapple for us, but the PG11 seems it could. I saw the post from March, but seems no one had really used it and the discussion ended up being more about pallet forks and pricing experiences.

As I’m now trying to validate my decision, hoping someone has input.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,943 Posts
If you just want to carry stuff it should be okay. The beauty of a true grapple is the ability to grab stuff. You can pull bushes and small trees directly out of the ground. With the PG11 you need to remove them first by some other means. Also, if you going to attach & detach the PG11 frequently, that could become time consuming.

While I understand the cost savings, I think long term its use is limited when compared to a real grapple like the AV20F (which I have and absolutely love!). If you're financing, the additional cost is only a few bucks per month.

Don't forget that with either option, you'll need a 3rd function SCV or diverter to make them functional.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
If you just want to carry stuff it should be okay. The beauty of a true grapple is the ability to grab stuff. You can pull bushes and small trees directly out of the ground. With the PG11 you need to remove them first by some other means. Also, if you going to attach & detach the PG11 frequently, that could become time consuming.

While I understand the cost savings, I think long term its use is limited when compared to a real grapple like the AV20F (which I have and absolutely love!). If you're financing, the additional cost is only a few bucks per month.

Don't forget that with either option, you'll need a 3rd function SCV or diverter to make them functional.
This ^^^^^. I love the AV20F.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think that fork thumb would be the shiznit. The one I saw you never have to remove, when it retracts it's up out of the way of the forks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. The av20f is very nice, but almost 3x what my dealer is offering the ap11 for. I have watched several vids on that and there is no question it would be fantastic. But, just can’t justify the additional $1100.

To the point the diverted valve is required, that is already covered since I am already having one installed for the front blade. Probably should have shared that up front.
thanks again.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve put in my order for a 1025R and am now impatiently awaiting arrival. First, let me thank you for the various threads you all have contributed to. Between your experiences, TTWT, and GWT I was able to make what I feel is an informed choice. That says a lot since I knew next to nothing about sub compacts until I started this journey 6 months ago

All that said, here is my question. Have any of you used the Frontier fork grapple? I really can’t justify the expense of a “real” grapple for us, but the PG11 seems it could. I saw the post from March, but seems no one had really used it and the discussion ended up being more about pallet forks and pricing experiences.

As I’m now trying to validate my decision, hoping someone has input.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
Owning a 1025R with the AV20F, and separate forks me, IMOI, that PG11 looks like it's heavy and cumbersome especially when it's attached and not being used. It's also very thin which would limit it contact with an object. It's also straight, which means it's not going to grab round objects like logs or rocks as well as curved jaws. That also limits it's ability to clamp on to some and and pull. If you like the combo idea, I would look at the Artillian system. The 1025R has limited capacity and every effort should be made to maximize it. Can't find the weight of the PG11 but it looks to me it's gonna be around the 300 lbs mark to me for the forks and jaw depending on the fork weight.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,943 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I've got the AV20G which is a real hoss cat but it is heavy tines and I have the one center thumb...they are little heavier than the light AV20F but is around $3000 since it's more durable....one get's what one pays for in this business

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
When i had a 1025R i went with a CTA grapple 50". It is lightweight and at that time reasonable. I used a Artillian dirverter kit. I was in the setup under 2K. When i got my 2038R i installed the WRLong third function kit and i am still using the CTA grapple This past year i have used it hard quite a bit. Two nights ago we had a big rain and Blowing wind. About 1/2 hour after the wind stopped there was a friend who is a cop at my door. asking me if i still had my "Grabber" for my tractor?? turns out there was a tree down about 1/4 mile up my road. He had some one there sawing the tree up and could I come and pick up the pieces and put along side the road. Well within 25 minutes all the pieces were way back from the curb and the city people are picking it up now has i type this.

·
Registered
2005 3320 with FEL, 1978 AC 5020 FEL, 2000 Bobcat 763
75 Posts
I have a thumb on the bucket of my skidsteer that I love. Probably going to put one on the bucket of my just acquired 3320. The thumb is out of the way when I use the bucket for dirt or gravel but is there for picking up brush, logs, etc. My bucket has teeth so I can dig a little and then grab on to something. I got mine from Green Machinery in Centralia, illinois, It is just a small welding shop that makes them. I just talked to him Wednesday and the price was around $700. You can weld it or bolt it on the bucket. Mine has a bar welded to bucket and then is bolted on to the bar. In 10 plus years I have never unbolted it. Maybe it would be a good option for you since you will have the hydraulics available

1 - 11 of 11 Posts