Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lining up my 1025R attachment purchases, and have a dilemma.

I had settled on the SpeeCo Category-1 E-Hitch as my quick hitch solution, based on info from GWT and others, since it apparently doesn't require the bushings that other quick hitches do.

And I had settled on the Heavy Hitch Category-1 Three-Point Hitch Receiver Drawbar With Dual Weight Bracket, based on info from TTWT and others, because of its versatility and its ability to let me max out ballast for the 1025R I plan to purchase soon.

However - the product page for that Heavy Hitch says it, "Will not work with the SpeeCo Quick Hitch." I just called them, but got their voicemail. I'm curious why the HH won't work with the SpeeCo QH, and whether or not they mean the SpeeCo E-Hitch, or the standard Cat-1 hitch.

Do any of you have this configuration working, or something similar? Appreciate any help!

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
Heavy Hitch's office hours are 8am to 4pm, Central Standard Time, so they should be opening in less than an hour, I have no doubt they can answer your questions.

Make sure your post back to let everyone know the answer you get from them, because apparently not many GTT'ers are using this combination to have personally encountered the incompatibility.

I have a good idea what it is from looking at the photos, but instead of speculating, I will wait to hear what you learn directly from HH, as it't their product on the weight bar and they would certainly know the compatibility issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heavy Hitch's office hours are 8am to 4pm, Central Standard Time, so they should be opening in less than an hour, I have no doubt they can answer your questions.

Make sure your post back to let everyone know the answer you get from them, because apparently not many GTT'ers are using this combination to have personally encountered the incompatibility.

I have a good idea what it is from looking at the photos, but instead of speculating, I will wait to hear what you learn directly from HH, as it't their product on the weight bar and they would certainly know the compatibility issues.
I spoke with the guys at Heavy Hitch. The problem with the HH1DB is you can't use its inside brackets with that SpeeCo E-Hitch. There's not enough room. He uses the Heavy Hitch HH1UO and runs with wheel weights, and as many as (8) 70lb weights, depending on his need. The hitch alone weighs 52 lbs, so in addition to the 560 lbs in weights, you're over 610 lb ballast in that situation.

It all made sense as we talked through it, and I began to wonder why I was looking at the Dual one, anyway…

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spoke with the guys at Heavy Hitch. The problem with the HH1DB is you can't use its inside brackets with that SpeeCo E-Hitch. There's not enough room. He uses the Heavy Hitch HH1UO and runs with wheel weights, and as many as (8) 70lb weights, depending on his need. The hitch alone weighs 52 lbs, so in addition to the 560 lbs in weights, you're over 610 lb ballast in that situation.

It all made sense as we talked through it, and I began to wonder why I was looking at the Dual one, anyway…
I just got a SpeeCo E-Hitch, I was considering the dual bracket heavy hitch, but I decided to save money and got the titan weight bracket. When I was researching the heavy hitch dual bracket I called them and asked the same question. The woman at HeavyHitch I spoke to told me that she believed that because of the angled support plates (gusset plates I guess you might call them) at the top of the E-hitch it prevents all 8 weights from fitting on the lower bracket that faces the front of the tractor, but she was pretty sure you could still fit 6 weights on that bracket, and the 8 weights on the upper rear facing bracket. So I'd still probably get the Dual bracket hitch if I was going the more expensive heavy hitch route.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
TangentAge: While I'm not discouraging or encouraging anyone sale or purchase, personally I've tried all the configurations. From my usage the issue was never getting enough weight for the 1025r it was handling all those 42 lb. weights at my age, with the twisting and turning of the off an on. I found that if I had about 600 lbs base weight then I could add more if nessesary. I found an person who had the John Deere box weight. This paticular model had like a section and he had put cement up to that section. That left the upper exact where (9) 42 lbs pocket weight will fit upright or I could add however much as needed. I tested and about 4 added would max out the lift. But I use the box on my 4400 and I can put all 7 without any problem and this worked great for this tractor. I bought the box for $150 used and bought 7 weights. For the money this was a bargain per overall poundage. Here is the model of the box...just passing along as I always like the best value for the money. I think Good work tractors has a review. The racks would be in my opinion for the lighter tractors and garden tractors. Just my take.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts