Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manufactured in Ohio I saw their "Diesel Extreme" product yesterday at the local farm store. They make some pretty bold claims with their products, including one where the use of another of their products will reduce the "ReGeneration" function in diesels by 50% or more as well as some other claims.

Here is the website

Hot Shots Secret - The Original Stiction Eliminator

They have a product which claims to reduce "Stiction".......I had to look that one up and it's a recently created marketing word which deals with the friction which prevents static or stationary surfaces from being set in motion or moving."

Another name for it could be "sludge" to some degree as the product seems to target build up in engines, specifically fuel injectors, etc.

They have a wide range of products from fuel treatment to oil treatment to oil itself and other vehicle use products for gasoline and diesel engines.

I bought a bottle of their "Diesel Extreme". I have no reason to change from Howe's fuel treatment which I have been using and its served me very well, including through the -30 air temps and -55 windchill last week. But the "Diesel Extreme" claims it can eliminate or dramatically reduce the diesel smoke, which is the primary reason I thought I would give it a shot..

Curious if there are others using any of their products and your thoughts. There are nearly limitless options in these products and it always surprises me when a relatively new comer enters the already over crowded marketplace and somehow carves out a customer base for themselves.........

They make some pretty bold claims..........

• [*=left]Restores throttle response
    [*=left]Eliminates black smoke & improves cold starting
    [*=left]Reduces DPF regeneration cycles up to 50%
    [*=left]Cleans injector tips, cylinders, fuel lines & tank
    [*=left]Increases mileage & eliminates stiction from the fuel system
    [*=left]2 quarts treat 160 gallons of diesel fuel
    [*=left]1 quart treats 80 gallons of diesel fuel
    [*=left]16 oz treats 40 gallons of diesel fuel. Recommended for ALL diesel engines.
    NOT for use in gasoline vehicles.

I will say, the product definitely SMELLS like it should do something drastic......Smells like it could be used to dispose of human bodies in their entirety, should anyone have that need........:laugh:

I have no doubt that it will achieve 100% fewer regeneration cycles for my diesels in my 455 and my 1025r......that's for certain. :laugh::good2:

Stuff is pricey, for sure. The Howe's diesel fuel treatment I have used for years costs about $15 for enough to treat 160 gallons. This stuff is easily double and about nearly triple the price of Howe's, depending upon the source. Here is their product comparison to competition chart.

·
Registered
337 Posts
haven't used hot shot, but will say that running higher rates of stanadyne in my truck in the winter, the regens don't happen near as often, now is that the stanadyne or the fact that they have mixed in the #1 diesel???:dunno:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have now spoken with about a dozen people who use this Hot Shot Extreme and everyone has had positive things to say. Most common comment was those systems which have regeneration cycles see them dramatically reduced in number. One guy mentioned that since using the Hot Shot Extreme, in the number of hours where his system would have 4 regeneration cycles, he now sees 1 and it's shorter in duration.

They all mentioned less smoke and those that Regen commented about the frequency being far less. Several said they noticed a reduction in not only start up smoke, but smoke in general.

Truckers that I have spoken with all claimed they see improvements in their performance, and a few specifically gave me input where their trucks fuel mileage increased anywhere from 4/10's of a MPG to as much as 1.3 MPG improvement in over the road mileage , comparing loaded runs and any unloaded runs.

Two mentioned about the improvement they have seen in "Pulling hills" and how the engines weren't requiring the down shifting they had to make it up the same grade loaded. The one guy runs the same route with the same product and weight from Wisconsin to Texas and back. He was the one who saw the best improvement in fuel mileage.

Really, the only negative I have heard are the smell of the product which I noticed myself and it is a higher cost than many other products like Power Service.

I am going to run it through my next fuel jugs when I get fuel again. I just filled my diesel inventory for my tractor so I will have to wait to try it myself. I will update again after use and let you know what I see with it in the little Yanmar.................I don't want to add it to the Howe's products I use and instead will blend the Hot Shot Extreme in jugs which I will mark to avoid it getting mixed in with other treated fuel.

We might have a storm later in the week according to the weather guessers so we will see................:bigthumb:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, there are several different companies and Hot Shot products which range from items to assist the disabled to fuel and oil treatment products to "Cattle Prod / Livestock Stun Guns".

The company with the Oil and Fuel Products treatment is located here...........Hot Shots Secret - The Original Stiction Eliminator

I imagine there are some GTT'ers who's better half might be tempted to use the Hot Shot Cattle prod on them from time to time.

One of the questions on Amazon for the Hot Shot "Livestock Motivator" was "Will this help me get through a crowd of people faster?" and the response was "Yes, and right into the back seat of the squad car, with priority treatment, most likely.":laugh::lol:

That's a different Hot Shot product and how one uses those is a private matter........:lolol:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
By the way, there are several different companies and Hot Shot products which range from items to assist the disabled to fuel and oil treatment products to "Cattle Prod / Livestock Stun Guns".

The company with the Oil and Fuel Products treatment is located here...........Hot Shots Secret - The Original Stiction Eliminator

I imagine there are some GTT'ers who's better half might be tempted to use the Hot Shot Cattle prod on them from time to time.

One of the questions on Amazon for the Hot Shot "Livestock Motivator" was "Will this help me get through a crowd of people faster?" and the response was "Yes, and right into the back seat of the squad car, with priority treatment, most likely."

That's a different Hot Shot product and how one uses those is a private matter........ol:
The 6.0 was a different animal. High pressure oil pumps were used in creating the injection shot, triggered to fire by an electronic pulse to a solenoid. The first half year of production, they had issues, and did if appropriate maintenance was not done. The engine design itself was great for mileage, but they cheapened things. Head studs for instance. Was a shame, because when it is fixed properly (bulletproofed) it is a fantastic engine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm not speaking for or against any of these magic cure-all's in a can. I've never used any of them. It's like if you need a valve or ring job, no amount of Mystery oil is going to grow your rings & valves back into their original spec. If there is something not running properly...you need to fix it. I'm also the same guy who thinks all pharmacy advertising should be done away with for the same reasons. And probably what you pay for these products largely goes to the marketing liars & the compliance lawyers, I doubt that there is anything left to fix your problems, real or conceived. Just my own opinion.
I never hear anyone say they had a problem & it was cured with a bottle of snake oil elixir. :dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts