Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any of the above loader models (300, 300X, H160 or 300R), would you kindly please measure the width of eye on the curl cylinder (faded in the diagram below) that attaches to the holder #8/9? And the inside dimension of the holder where cylinder eye goes in between? I am planning to upgrade from fixed to quick-tach on an older loader model and need those measurements to verify myself that those holders would fit.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
Hang on. I gotta go to the barn

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
I have a 2017 model H160.

The eyelet at the end of the curl cylinder looks to be about 2 11/16ths.

The opening in the JDQA bracket measures about 3".

I say about cause I only have a tape measure in the barn. If you need exact I can bring it up to the shop, pull the pin out and put a mic on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks rtgt, you just save me a good deal of trouble. I was considering the cast steel holders as pictured above but the curl cylinders on my 80 loader measured 3-3/8” wide at the end of rod so based on your measurement, that would be no go. Would not be worth the trouble of milling the cylinder ends to fit those cast steel holders. It looks like the welded steel holders as found on 420 loader is my only practical option, even though they’re not as robust as the modern cast steel holders. Thanks again 👍

Reactions: Treefarmer and rtgt

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you don’t mind, could you please measure the inside width of the holder where the end of boom attach to? I might revisit the cast steel holders after seeing some issues with welded steel holders.

Also possibly the distance between two pins (upper and lower) too?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts