Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No problems here, I'm just curious what conditions will cause the service light to illuminate. The amber triangle with exclamation.

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
98 Posts
There is no triangle w/exclamation light on my 2017. All of the fault lights on mine are separate lights (oil, glow plug, etc) and any fault codes there might be should flash the fault code on the LCD.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A message or code should scroll on the dash lcd screen

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no triangle w/exclamation light on my 2017. All of the fault lights on mine are separate lights (oil, glow plug, etc) and any fault codes there might be should flash the fault code on the LCD.
Perhaps not on your 2017 but there is on my 2020, shown here during the power-on self-test, along with the description straight from the operator's manual. I'm just curious what conditions would cause this to illuminate.

@Jimmy Walker, yeah I figured the service manual would have a table of fault codes or something, as you mentioned these would be displayed on the LCD but my curiosity wants to know what ALL the possible messages might be! :cool:

No biggie, I just like learning the inner workings of any equipment that I own and/or operate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
98 Posts
Perhaps not on your 2017 but there is on my 2020, shown here during the power-on self-test, along with the description straight from the operator's manual. I'm just curious what conditions would cause this to illuminate.

@Jimmy Walker, yeah I figured the service manual would have a table of fault codes or something, as you mentioned these would be displayed on the LCD but my curiosity wants to know what ALL the possible messages might be! :cool:

No biggie, I just like learning the inner workings of any equipment that I own and/or operate.
Searched for more than an hour for a triangle! Doh! That’s a diamond. Oh well I tried!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm interested to know as well. I have a new 1025R and in the first 5 hours this light came on briefly then went out. Have not seen it come on again except as you describe on starting.

·
Registered
717 Posts
From the Technical Service Manual, these are the possible displayed faults:

SHIFt to NEut--------------Neutral Switch OFF
SHUt Pto OFF--------------PTO ON
Pull CoiL FAult-------------Coil Open or Short to Ground
StArt CoiL FAUlt------------Starter Coil Open or Short to Ground
EnGInE run-----------------Crank Attempt
RIO_ON=------------------ Mid PTO is disabled
RPEdAL SEnSE-------------Sensor Inputs NC and NO both at 12V or at Ground
PtO CoIL FAULt------------PTO Coil Open or Short to Ground
RIGht Bulb Error-----------Bulb Open
LEFt Bulb Error-------------Bulb Open
EnGIne Error HEAt---------Engine Cooland Above 112C/234F

·
Registered
717 Posts
On my 1025R, and in the Technical Service Manual for the 1023, 1025R, and 1026, the instrument cluster illustrations all show a large TRIANGLE at the upper left corner.

I have this triangle on my 1025R instrument panel, but it is just does not illuminate like all the other warning lights when going through the starting sequence. The Technical Service Manual does not even mention this triangle in the section about warning lights. It is possible that this triangle was included in the initial design of the instrument cluster but was replaced by the more detailed information in the LCD panel. Probably more cost-effective to leave the triangle and just not light it rather than redesigning the entire instrument cluster to leave it out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks @ClydeLogan, that's what I was looking for! Good to know.

As for the triangle in the top left, it doesn't exist on my panel. I went out there and, in the dark, was able to shine a light at an angle to reveal each annunciator on the panel.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The triangle on mine is in the position on the left opposite the temperature gauge. It is thee same size as the temp gauge and inside the triangle are the words "Safety, Live With It." It looks like it is a space filler for another gauge, if Deere chose to put a gauge there. It would have been the perfect spot for a fuel gauge. Maybe Deere designed the space for a gauge, but it was cheaper to just put it down on the fender.

·
Premium Member
12,135 Posts
It would have been the perfect spot for a fuel gauge.
Isn't that the truth. I guess we can only dream..................It still seems SO WRONG that this machine relies on that tiny non illuminated fuel gauge on the left fender.........almost like they got the machine built and someone said "Hey, Carl forgot to include the fuel gauge........just stick a gauge in the top of the tank and call it good"..............

Reactions: ClydeLogan
1 - 13 of 13 Posts