Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2305 with a finish mower, bush hog, and snow blower. So I'm in the market for quite a few attachments/implements. Including but not limited to:
- MCS 14/20 bushel system, or non-JD brand equivalent. I'd need the power blower part too, have a 62" inch (yellow) finish mower
- Loader, any of the ones that can fit on the mounting brackets for a 2305
- Backhoe, though I have no interest in a 3 point hitch only one
- Aerator
- Detacher
- Fork lift attachment for the loader

If you have something you want to get rid of that will work on a 2305 let me know.

Also, if you're just perusing the thread and have a suggestion for an attachment/implement to get (even though you don't have one to sell) I'm all ears, always appreciate advice!

·
Administrator
17,128 Posts
Used loaders are tough to find, as are backhoes but they are a bit easier.

I know you recently purchased your 2305, but adding these items can easily cost $6K or more, will you still be money ahead over the slightly used 1-series TLB?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, I believe so. It really depends on how much bargain shopping I do. I got a really good deal on the 2305, which I believe is because it didn't have a loader or backhoe.

I do not foresee myself finding a backhoe that the work I'll use it for will justify the price. I'm seeing those starting at 6k and going up pretty quickly.

The truth is I got this thing to use it as a snow blower. Anything else is a plus. I'm not expecting to get much, but thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has something laying around they never were able/tried to sell, etc.

And yes, I'm seeing first hand how difficult it is to find a used loader.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Some indication of your location may help local members who have the implement you are looking for or help you locate it on a local basis (CL, FB marketplace etc).

Hint* fill in your profile!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes, I believe so. It really depends on how much bargain shopping I do. I got a really good deal on the 2305, which I believe is because it didn't have a loader or backhoe.

I do not foresee myself finding a backhoe that the work I'll use it for will justify the price. I'm seeing those starting at 6k and going up pretty quickly.

The truth is I got this thing to use it as a snow blower. Anything else is a plus. I'm not expecting to get much, but thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has something laying around they never were able/tried to sell, etc.

And yes, I'm seeing first hand how difficult it is to find a used loader.

Just to give you an idea, I was offered full original selling retail price for my BH46. Anyone who has one is extremely unlikely to be willing to part with it at any sort of discount. I'd check tractor salvage yards however for the loader. Lots of these little SCUTs give up the ghost on the hydro pump (where it's cost-prohibitive to repair), so a loader should be much easier to find.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
I have a 2305 with a finish mower, bush hog, and snow blower. So I'm in the market for quite a few attachments/implements. Including but not limited to:
- MCS 14/20 bushel system, or non-JD brand equivalent. I'd need the power blower part too, have a 62" inch (yellow) finish mower
- Loader, any of the ones that can fit on the mounting brackets for a 2305
- Backhoe, though I have no interest in a 3 point hitch only one
- Aerator
- Detacher
- Fork lift attachment for the loader

If you have something you want to get rid of that will work on a 2305 let me know.

Also, if you're just perusing the thread and have a suggestion for an attachment/implement to get (even though you don't have one to sell) I'm all ears, always appreciate advice!
here's a cab that says it will fit ur 2305---https://altoona.craigslist.org/grd/d/john-deere-cab/6704864603.html--doesn't sound like too bad of a price.:munch:

·
Administrator
17,128 Posts
Lots of these little SCUTs give up the ghost on the hydro pump (where it's cost-prohibitive to repair), so a loader should be much easier to find.

Really? Where all the reports of failed hydro pumps on tractors?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to give you an idea, I was offered full original selling retail price for my BH46. Anyone who has one is extremely unlikely to be willing to part with it at any sort of discount.
Yeah that's what I'm seeing too. Loader and BH are not easy to find at a discount. The thing is, I don't foresee myself *needing* a BH. I'll keep my eyes open, if something comes up that makes sense I'll snag it.

I got a few quotes from local dealers for 3rd party backhoes. The cheapest so far was the Woods at 6200, including installation and subframe.

I have what I *need* for this tractor to be of use to me. It's main/primary use will be removing snow from a long and steep driveway so my wife can get to work when it snows. I can also cut my grass with it (though, perusing the forum, I see that these tractors can cause damage to the yard in wet conditions so I'll keep my little riding mower for those times of the year.)

Anything else from here out is just a nice plus to make life easier, and something for me to play with :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,128 Posts
You won't find many current or prior gen SCUTs with 2K+ hours on the original pump.
um, ok....so again I ask where are the vast graveyards of small tractors with bad hydros? Where are all the used loaders listed?

Most of these machines don’t get high hours because they are owned by people with small properties that only use them on the weekends. The high hour machines are out being used everyday and their owners aren’t here on Tractor forums talking about how many hours they have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
KennyD
I hate to do this to you, but since you're here I'd like to pick your brain on something... I've seen you, I believe, posting subframe schemas from the JD Parts site for people talking about different loaders on different tractors.

I'd like to outline what I know and what my logic is that follows, if you would take the time to correct me where I'm wrong I would greatly appreciate it:
The 2035 has certain brackets that are required to mount the 200cx or H130 (each side has a different part number and there is a tie bar required)

The 2025R and the 2305 use the same two mounting brackets, minus the tie bar.

Therefore, anything that mounts on the 2025R or the 2305 should also be mountable to the 2305 - so long as you make sure it's within the engine and hydraulics spec, and pay attention to weight?

So in addition to the 200CX and H130, I should be able to put a 120R on it right? If I go to JD's website and spec a 2025R, one of the build options is the 120R loader.

My father, who is assisting with all of this, has pointed out that the 220R is listed as "replacing the 200cx and H130", but the 220R is not listed as an option when building a 2025R. The brackets I see on JD Parts for it also are different - the left and right side have the same part number I believe, IE they are the same you just flip them?

Don't be afraid to roll up the newspaper and whack me with it. I'm a tinker and also new to this which usually leads to badly reasoned ideas :)

·
Super Moderator
7,888 Posts

·
Administrator
17,128 Posts
KennyD
I hate to do this to you, but since you're here I'd like to pick your brain on something... I've seen you, I believe, posting subframe schemas from the JD Parts site for people talking about different loaders on different tractors.

I'd like to outline what I know and what my logic is that follows, if you would take the time to correct me where I'm wrong I would greatly appreciate it:
The 2035 has certain brackets that are required to mount the 200cx or H130 (each side has a different part number and there is a tie bar required)

Therefore, anything that mounts on the 2025R or the 2305 should also be mountable to the 2305 - so long as you make sure it's within the engine and hydraulics spec, and pay attention to weight?

So in addition to the 200CX and H130, I should be able to put a 120R on it right? If I go to JD's website and spec a 2025R, one of the build options is the 120R loader.

My father, who is assisting with all of this, has pointed out that the 220R is listed as "replacing the 200cx and H130", but the 220R is not listed as an option when building a 2025R. The brackets I see on JD Parts for it also are different - the left and right side have the same part number I believe, IE they are the same you just flip them?

Don't be afraid to roll up the newspaper and whack me with it. I'm a tinker and also new to this which usually leads to badly reasoned ideas :)
The link that Frank provided above is about as extensive as I’ve seen, nice find Frank!

Yes, you’ve seen me post drawings from JDParts many, many times, but it’s always in response to one specific loader for a particular tractor, I’ve not done all the research to know when model loader fits on which tractor like your asking but the document Frank linked to pretty much does that.

I thought you were looking to buy used, sure you can go to JD and order/buy a new loader with the correct mounts, but if you happen to be lucky and find xxx loader used but from a different machine you can expect to pay $500+ for the correct mounts, and given the fact that used loaders when found command a premium price anyway since that are so rare-that cost often makes it just worth getting new in the first place.

My real point is twofold:
1) If want or need a loader, don’t buy a tractor without one, new or used, great deal or not.
2) If you have a tractor already and want or want a loader, just go buy a new one and save yourself the aggravation.

·
Super Moderator
7,888 Posts
The 2305 has certain brackets that are required to mount the 200cx or H130 (each side has a different part number and there is a tie bar required)

Don’t be confused by the fact that there’s a Gen I 2025R that can use the 200CX or H130 loader and the Gen II 2025R that uses the new 120R loader.

The 120R cannot be installed on your 2305 as there are no compatible mounting frames.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to post an update for the relevant parties:

If you chose, as your advice to offer, to purchase a new tractor that already had a loader and a backhoe then please pat yourself on the back for being correct :)

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Just wanted to post an update for the relevant parties:

If you chose, as your advice to offer, to purchase a new tractor that already had a loader and a backhoe then please pat yourself on the back for being correct :)
:dunno:WELL-did ya find a loader as of yet???:munch:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:dunno:WELL-did ya find a loader as of yet???:munch:
Sorry... life has pulled me away from the tractor and tractor-related things, like the forum :)

I'm back. For the moment :)

Yes... I got a 260 BH and a CX200 FEL. Basically we found a tractor with a lot more hours on it, pulled the BH and FEL off it with all the required parts (mounting brackets, power to go, etc) and move it all to my 2305 (significatly less hours and better shape)

Then sold the old one with the MMM it came with, and the bushhog mine came with that I didn't need.

I also got an IMATCH/3Pt Hitch out of the deal cause I didn't have that before and snagged it off the old one.

It was a crap ton of work. Both tractors wound up stripped in my fathers garage. He did the work, he's quite craft at this sort of thing.

The end result, net/net of it all, I got a 260 Bh and a CX 200 FEL for a total of 4k plus the time and energy investment my father made.

The 260 sells for 5-6k and the cx200 sells for 4k, so from the financial standpoint it was a great deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts