Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to plow my driveway with a X585 using the JD 54" blade and every spring I would see the seal coat that I paid for sticking to the snow in which I plowed. This year I've added a 66" CTA blade to my 1025R and I can really see this monster blade shaving off the seal coat and crack filler like a razor blade, even in the float mode. I know I've herd of some folks adding a rubber piece to the bottom of their blade to help prevent the crack filler/sealant damage. I'm just looking for some ideas on what folks use in order to help avoid the driveway damage.

Thanks,
Mark:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,774 Posts
A horse stall mat from a country supply store will do the same thing quite a bit cheaper and you will have enough to make several extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, this is the way to go for sure. It also is quieter than the steel scraping over the hard surface.

Reactions: Firemark

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
The CTA blade has nice skid feet. If you set the blade one or two spacers higher it should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
Huh. I'd be wondering if there is a problem with the driveway sealant if it's peeling off but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

A poly cutting edge will solve that problem. The horse stall mat is the cheaper alternative and works too!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I purchased the Rigid UHMW Cutting Edge from Artillian when I purchased the parts to mount the plow on the FEL. I have been very happy with this edge but I see a lot of folks use a hard rubber edge and they all seem to like that. I had the driveway seal coated this summer so we will see what happens this winter.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have the JD "official" rubber edge on my 48" blade and Artillian's rubber edge and wings on my 54" Both kits come with necessary longer bolts w/nuts. I have used my 48 several times on unfrozen lawn to push massive amounts of storm damaged limbs to the burn pile w/o damage to lawn. Go rubber!:laugh:

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
A horse stall mat from a country supply store will do the same thing quite a bit cheaper and you will have enough to make several extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0A700663-76E2-4E2D-A1D1-88271E3F258E.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: 1MOA and ColonyPark
1 - 9 of 9 Posts