Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks good!

Apple Pie, Man Style.jpg

Use any old recipe and just use bacon instead of the upper crust......:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Breakfast

I like pie for breakfast anyway. Adding bacon would make it the perfect start to the day! :good2:

Treefarmer

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
SGS; I like both too much to mix them, I want my bacon on my egg sandwich, and my apple pie with milk,:dunno: I guess just to bull headed to try new different things. what if I wouldn't like it that way, then I would of wasted something I really liked . that is why all the years trucking I wouldn't try new items on the menu's. hamburgers, hot roast beef sandwiches with beef gravy and fries and a pepsi, I'm paying for it now-oh. aw-yeah I did eat a lot of French salads at least 2 per week back then. big jim

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
One thing I learned by way of a cultural exchange from a Yankee friend of mine from New Jersey; hot apple pie is really good with a slice of American cheese melted on top. Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound all that inviting, but I found it to be quite good.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Don't know as I'd want bacon with apples or the grease in the pie either. I like both just not mixed together. Looks good but I'm not telling my wife about it as she just might make it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
One thing I learned by way of a cultural exchange from a Yankee friend of mine from New Jersey; hot apple pie is really good with a slice of American cheese melted on top. Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound all that inviting, but I found it to be quite good.
Sharp Cheddar on the side. :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Admittedly I've never had it, but my mind just can't put together how that would taste good...
Try it :thumbup1gif: I never could either. My MIL always ate apple pie with cheddar cheese. I guess you need to like both for it to work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cheese

Add some cheese to that, and I'm hooked for life.....

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Looks good!

View attachment 49119

Use any old recipe and just use bacon instead of the upper crust......:thumbup1gif:
Interesting. Seems like it would need Ketchup (Heinz) though. Not to sure how that would go with the apples! Oh well tomatoes and apples are all fruit!!?? :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts