Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I helped you out a bit.

Took mine off today also.

At 50 degrees out, I needed to haul some leaves and downed branches.

I did leave the quick hitch on though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I helped you out a bit.

Took mine off today also.

At 50 degrees out, I needed to haul some leaves and downed branches.

I did leave the quick hitch on though!
Ha! I think a lot of us were helping out today. Off came my 4-way Blade, onto the dolly and rolled to the back of the garage. Crossing my fingers it's not a jinx.:dunno:

·
Corndog Hater
11,133 Posts
Just be sure all of you post your location somewhere, so we can hunt you down if need be.

My front blade, is still mounted and ready....just in case. Well, and I’m still working on indoor projects.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Dang it - you guys know better. I'm never going to get on the garden thread.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I pulled all the driveway markers and "wrapped" them for the seasonal storage. I gather all of the fiberglass poles and wrap them together with one of these and it works great.

A couple of important pointers. Always wear leather gloves when handling the markers as they splinter and fracture from the elements and being flexed when its really cold. The tiny little fiberglass splinters are nearly impossible to see and its best to simply avoid them. Wrapping the poles with the plastic keeps them all gathered and organized. In the fall, simply cut the plastic and away you go..........

So, between removing the snow blowers and driveway markers, we are really asking for it. :plowsnow::shift:

I did leave my snow plow and rear carrier on the tractor. Maybe tomorrow I will pull the plow off.......but I am afraid that once I do.......and I have a lot of people who rely on me for their driveway clearing. If we received less than 4", then I wouldn't be too concerned except any snow after the warm up is sure to be very heavy, very wet and very difficult to handle. Not to mention people will be getting stuck in it and unable to get up their driveways.

Right now the long range forecast doesn't look conducive for snow, but the weather guessers seem to be off more and more as time goes on. Yesterday, we were going to have an 80% of showers today and today, not a sprinkle happened.......

In 2017, the last time I plowed for the season was on February 16th

In 2018, the last time was February 22nd

So far for 2019, March 7th was our last snow which required plowing......until we all remove the snow equipment.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Just be sure all of you post your location somewhere, so we can hunt you down if need be.

My front blade, is still mounted and ready....just in case. Well, and I’m still working on indoor projects.
Still trying to find the Miracle Whip?

Indoor projects? - Is that PC speak for slacking?

·
Corndog Hater
11,133 Posts
Still trying to find the Miracle Whip?

Indoor projects? - Is that PC speak for slacking?
I addressed the horrid whip over in GM.

Not slacking, well maybe a bit today, but it’s really speak for I DISLIKE THE VENT FREE GAS FIREPLACE IN THE FAMILY ROOM. I’m pretty much looking at a whole house interior repaint due to a soot issue from some logs that shifted when the free standing fireplace got bumped. Possibly from a stray soccer ball, you know because our family room also doubles as an indoor soccer field. Grrrrr

·
Registered
650 Posts
Not slacking, well maybe a bit today, but it’s really speak for I DISLIKE THE VENT FREE GAS FIREPLACE IN THE FAMILY ROOM. I’m pretty much looking at a whole house interior repaint due to a soot issue from some logs that shifted when the free standing fireplace got bumped. Possibly from a stray soccer ball, you know because our family room also doubles as an indoor soccer field. Grrrrr
I'm sorry!, but I find that very funny :laugh: I can tell you many stories as my sons explored and tried things to my TV, VCR, Dishwasher, their bikes, etc:flag_of_truce::bigbeer::cheers:

·
Super Moderator
4,852 Posts
It is all my fault. I put my snowblower in storage today
I installed a brand new cab on my tractor this weekend so I probably canx'd out your bad juju. :laugh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'll take some of the blame.

Last week I took the blower off the quick hitch, left the quick hitch on.

Took the blower apart to replace the plastic fan with a steel fan and paint.

Found 3 out of the 5 bearings bad. Replaced those.

Found the roller chain a little iffy along with the driven sprocket. Ordered a 36 tooth sprocket and chain from Red Boar Chain & Fastener.

Got it all put back together today and went out and graded the drive with my box blade.

If all that doesn't make it snow I will be surprised.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I learned a long time ago you do not take the snowblower off until at least Easter . We had the biggest snow storm in years in April last year. Actually I think it set some kind of a record.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Mine is off as well....I am trying my best to declare winter over.....:hide:

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
Were ready for Spring now!

I put my nice loader bucket on and snow pusher away even tho there is no real clean up this year of snow? I took my Rear 8 ft Blade off and put on the 6 ft Box Blade for touching up the side road and my driveway. My new snow blower is in my shop getting re/worked and 90 plus percent of out snow is gone now. Winter is over for us no big snow storms I think there all done. Might get some snow but nothing worth plowing! Drive way is ready for some more new gravel when road restrictions are lifted for heavy trucks to drive on it. 100_3261.JPG 100_3260.JPG 100_3258.JPG 100_3259.JPG

A couple of weeks ago it looked like this on the driveway!
100_2986.JPG

·
Registered
734 Posts
The way I figure it is, I just added the LVB26213 chute control kit so we probably wont see any more snow this spring. I was hoping to test it out once before I put it all away... :laugh:

By tomorrow, there will be no more snow left on our roof. There's still a good foot or two on the ground, but it's going fast!!

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
To me it is kind of nice working in a light coat with out gloves on my snow blower. Best part is how nice it is just working under cover on a slab. I lined the Chute today and the snow will fly out on the smooth plastic surface. Last thing to do is the V-Plow Sides, need to go to town for more steel! Might be making trash run and pick up a load of gravel on the way back. Least the tandem axle trailer is OK with the weight restriction. I love fresh gravel and even more spreading it to make it look good. 100_3263.JPG 100_3267.JPG 100_3268.JPG 100_3275.JPG Hinge for the Lip on the Adjustable Chute. 100_3278.JPG

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
The way I figure it is, I just added the LVB26213 chute control kit so we probably wont see any more snow this spring. I was hoping to test it out once before I put it all away... :laugh:

By tomorrow, there will be no more snow left on our roof. There's still a good foot or two on the ground, but it's going fast!!
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to test the blower chute.....:bigthumb: Pictures expected at a minimum and a video would be ideal.....

·
Corndog Hater
11,133 Posts
The blower stays on until the mower is needed this year! ;)

That's what I do. The blade or blower comes off easy enough that I can have the FEL on quickly if need be.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts