Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to thin out my stash of 212's so I was getting ready to throw one up on Craigslist. I got on there and ebay to see what guys were asking for theirs to make sure my price was competitive but to my surprise I saw prices that were insane. I have a running 212 with a snow blade on the front of it that I was going to throw out there for 400 expecting to take 350 or so, but the running 200 series that I'm seeing out there right now either have a blade or mower deck, not both, and they are around 900. There was one cheaper with a deck but it wasn't running and he was asking 400. Are prices of these things starting to go up or is everyone in my neck of the woods just out of their mind?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
That seems really high for a 200 series. They’re great little workhorses but not comparable to the 300 series, which usually are in the $750-$2000 price range that I see. The later 300s and 400s series are even better and they’re getting down around that price range depending on condition, hours and attachments.
I guess if you list yours for a little less than the others and get the amount you feel comfortable with, then that is a good selling price.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
There’s a few around posted in the higher price range. Most of them have been up for years.

·
Super Moderator
2,762 Posts
The 200 series will and should sell for less than the hydrostatic drive GTs. I often thought, that the 200 series were the bargains when it came to the older JD GTs. The problem is, there are plenty of them still out there and a lot of them have suffer some abuse over the years. The price you were originally thinking would be a good price in my area, but as you mentioned, someone will try and knock it down. Personally, I believe I would try at $500 and then go down from there, but that's based on my own experience, but I haven't bought or sold a 200 series in a few years. Prices may have fluctuated quite a bit since then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts