Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, 2021 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on Craigslist at $60 each. The ad claims it will save your lawn, driveway and so on. If they do the job I’d rather find one of the reputable dealers selling them.
Snow Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Snow Tree Slope Freezing Geological phenomenon

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Reactions: shoot4fun

·
Super Moderator
6,999 Posts
They're Edge Tamers. Lots of folks swear by them. Especially people that have gravel driveways and use their bucket for snow removal.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
I bought a set but since my tractor is so new, I have just barely used them. I thought it would be nice to have them since it's so hard to see the exact position of the lower lip of the loader bucket.
I don't have a set but see the value for snow and possibly mulch.

For any other uses of the bucket, I'd suggest getting in some seat time to get used to feeling the bucket position. On a new machine, it's like looking for a cup of hot coffee in total darkness but with practice, the light starts to come on.

Besides, seat time is good. 😀

·
Registered
4044R cab, MX6 Cutter, 440 FEL, Aftermarket mirrors
833 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have them on my kubota. I have a front snowblower for the snow so don't use them for snow. But I do use them for mulch. Have my company drop off 15 yards or so and use my front bucket to move it to all the spots it needs to be. Helps me not dig into the grass and the tarp. They work great for my smaller machine. I can tell you - you need more than 2 for your bigger bucket.

If you are gonna do mulch or possibly snow on a rocked area would be worth it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I got mine directly from the manufacturer:
I can definitively recommend using that route to acquire them.

·
Registered
100 Posts

It's r2 manafacturing advertising it on craigs list - least in my area. Probably in his also.

·
Registered
2022 JD 1025R, 120R Loader, SB1154 snowblower, 54" mid-mower, HLA 900 lbs forks.
271 Posts
I don't have a set but see the value for snow and possibly mulch.
I was considering them, but last winter (1st winter), I just lowered the bucket flat on the ground using the level indicator, then curled the bucket a tiny bit so the front lip was an inch or so off the ground. I didn't pickup any gravel because the bucket was riding on the back and not the lip. I can also backdrag in front of the garage door without those.

Not saying there are not worth it, just that I managed fine without.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I like mine. Made clearing snow from our 3/4 mile gravel driveway much easier than with just the bucket.

If we got more than one or two snowstorms a year I’d consider a snow pusher, but these work okay.

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, 2021 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought I asked but Nobody replied. I ran across these on CList, $60 ea or $120 a pair. Useful or a waste of money? Videos and pictures look like it makes sense to use them. They are supposed to save the lawn from scraping the ground up, saving your gravel driveway. Feedback?
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Snow Tree Slope Freezing Geological phenomenon

Snow Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Use the search function

Reactions: raco232

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have posted so many questions, you have lost track of them all.

True!LOL!

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$60 EACH, or for the PAIR?

I like the idea, and they'd be pretty handy for yard clean-up as well, not digging in when you don't want to, and a decent leveling aid as well, peeling high spots off. I could see them being worth the money.
No, $60 each. They were likely $60 a pair a few years ago :mad:

• Sad

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shipping is a killer on the 6” and more than one. Looks like the same photos that were on CL. I’m going to see if GWT has them.

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
Very useful. They are not a gimmick or a “farkle” as some say around here :cool:. Theyre great for snow removal on gravel driveways with just a loader bucket. They also work great for leaves on a lawn without damaging it. The R2 guys are top notch customer service and great to work with. These things are way heavy duty and easy to install. I’ve used them the past 3 winters on my gravel driveway and the gravel stays on the driveway every year. No mess to rake off your lawn in the spring. Worth every penny

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Very useful. They are not a gimmick or a “farkle” as some say around here :cool:. Theyre great for snow removal on gravel driveways with just a loader bucket. They also work great for leaves on a lawn without damaging it. The R2 guys are top notch customer service and great to work with. These things are way heavy duty and easy to install. I’ve used them the past 3 winters on my gravel driveway and the gravel stays on the driveway every year. No mess to rake off your lawn in the spring. Worth every penny
I will second all this. Have a pair myself & they've worked great. Worth every penny. Also got a pair of the extenders to put on them. Great products from a great company. Don't buy the knock offs.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts