Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these for sale. The guy has 4 wants $275 each. He says that they're John Deere. Can anyone tell if these are JD or some other brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
Maybe. Someone else had one that appears to be the same model up for sale on Armslist. They claimed that was a Deere as well but no model number there either. You'll note that the price on that was $125.

The one in your pic is pretty heavily modified though. They welded on a different bar for the 3pt lower arms to connect to and welded in a longer round support bar down the back. So it's no where near anything original. It may work well if that's your plan but it isn't worth anything as a Deere collector piece.

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not looking as a collectors piece. Looking for working equipment. Trying to get as much Deere stuff as I can.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They don't look like the Deere #15 or #20 ploughs that were made for the garden tractors. I don't see any Deere logos or part numbers on them so I'm willing to bet they are not Deere, but remember I'm no expert!

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Check the points

You might check the backside of the point and moldboard and see if there are ID marks there. If it's a JD point, that at least will mean it's probably a JD frog. I can't say about the frame. It almost looks like someone took the frog and coulter mount from a larger plow and made/modified the frame but I can't say that's what it is. On the other hand, if it plows well and you can figure out the replacement point, landslide and moldboard only you would really know if it's a Deere.

(I'm partial to Oliver plows as that's mostly what we used. Still have a couple but haven't plowed in years.)

Treefarmer

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
It almost looks like someone took the frog and coulter mount from a larger plow and made/modified the frame but I can't say that's what it is.
I just noticed this note on the one I found on Armslist mentioned above "JD single bottom plow, was made from bigger plow...". That might explain why this guy has 2 of them that he's selling.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It looks like it a 4 bottom trip plow cut up and made into a single. It looks like the Jd 4 bottom plow I used on a 4020 when I helped out a friend of mine.If its a 14,16,or 18" bottom it would be tough for a scut to use.Depending on how high the pins are off the ground even a 12" bottom you might not have enough height to lift it.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
It looks like it a 4 bottom trip plow cut up and made into a single. It looks like the Jd 4 bottom plow I used on a 4020 when I helped out a friend of mine.
Hmmm... In poking around, the pieces in the pics look an awful lot like the frame from a Deere 555 4-bottom plow - which just happens to match up with your observation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with the assessment that it is made from a John Deere plow. I would be concerned about the fit on a garden tractor and the width of cut. Does it lift high enough?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's all I know about em. Don't know anything else. Just want to get a plow for my 318 and saw these. I can't find a nice Brinly near me. These were the closest plows to me at almost 2h away.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
The problem I see is that the way it's welded up, there's no room for adjustment. This is the plow I built with the rear frame & bottom off a JD 810 plow (1-14): HPIM1458.JPG

I did later move the plow frame above the 3-pt frame to allow for more clearance. Note the 3-pt frame can be slid side to side to line up with the tractor wheel spacing. I've never had it in the ground though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The plow in question in the first post is a John Deere model 411 (one plow/furrow) truss frame plow made for the John Deere Standard and row crop model 40 - 430 series tractors and is made for a 3 point hitch set up.John

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Not looking as a collectors piece. Looking for working equipment. Trying to get as much Deere stuff as I can.

Do you have cat 0 or cat 1. A new one is about $350 for a sleeve hitch and you can make it a 3pt.if cat 0 click on 3point sleeve hitch then scroll down to see the plate and hitch to convert.International Harvester IH Cub Cadet 3 points sleeve hitch Parts this is how I did mine only cat 1 X595 cat 1 3 pt plow - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 13 of 13 Posts