Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these the 3 things I need for the Artillian/54" JD set up?
Have the other Artillian parts already and some I just ordered.

image.jpg

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
Are these the 3 things I need for the Artillian/54" JD set up?
Have the other Artillian parts already and some I just ordered.

View attachment 56938
You don't need the last item on that list for using the Artillian system, but I always recommend getting it anyway so you'll have the complete setup in case you need it for some reason. I couldn't help but notice, though, your list doesn't include the blade itself.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris.
The blade is not shown in screen shot but included in the price, those are the options.
...at least I hope for $1500. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the plow parts come in at dealer last week right.
The wife has off yesterday so i ask her to fold her back seat down and go pick them up with her 4runner.
It comes in three boxes and should fit no problem.
So she texts me at work yesterday..."the kid that loaded my truck with the plow boxes pushed the box into my fire extinguisher and discharged the whole thing inside my truck!"

:laugh::banghead:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So the plow parts come in at dealer last week right.
The wife has off yesterday so i ask her to fold her back seat down and go pick them up with her 4runner.
It comes in three boxes and should fit no problem.
So she texts me at work yesterday..."the kid that loaded my truck with the plow boxes pushed the box into my fire extinguisher and discharged the whole thing inside my truck!"

:laugh::banghead:
Oops. That's what you get for being properly prepared. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Step 2

Added hard composite Artillian cutting edge behind factory edge. Removed factory bolts and replaced with longer Artillian bolts. Once all installed loose, removed them one at a time and gobbed on the never seize.
Tightened with cordless gun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Step 3

Added angle attachment piece to plow.
Removed lift cylinder and added Artillian replacement bar. Not sure if the pins provided were for bar as they were bigger than holes.:dunno:

Used the two lift cylinder pins to mount bar.
Also installed angle cylinder.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Step 4

Hooked it all up and tried the angle to the dangle.
Everything works terrific.
Had to remove end cutting edge bolts as the Artillian side extensions use the outer holes and longer provided carriage bolts.
Drilled holes and now she looks official bad arse.
Made a quick dolly out of two Harbor Freight dollies and piece of plywood.

Bring that snow on

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
Looks like a few of us are getting ready for some snow fighting this winter. :good2:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Looks real good. Now if we could only get Chris to build a top extension, we would have the blade that JD should have for our tractors.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks real good. Now if we could only get Chris to build a top extension, we would have the blade that JD should have for our tractors.
I have wondered if that would be a good idea.
I've plowed highway, roads, parking lots and driveways for most of my adult life with dump trucks, loaders and graders. Most all plows have had a rubber or steel extension flap to redirect snow back down and to side preventing it from coming over top.
I guess i will have to see how it ges this winter.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have wondered if that would be a good idea.
I've plowed highway, roads, parking lots and driveways for most of my adult life with dump trucks, loaders and graders. Most all plows have had a rubber or steel extension flap to redirect snow back down and to side preventing it from coming over top.
I guess i will have to see how it ges this winter.
Mine is not the loader mount, but it works very well. The tractor has a lot more capability than the 54 blade. Of course, if it were wider and higher, it would cost more and we would bellyache about the price. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts