Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dug out the ARPS Snow blower D6 out of the snow but it is frozen to the ground been setting a couple years. Not bad shape for a 1983 or older blower from what I could find out about it just now. The guy is going to use his weed burner tomorrow to warm it up when I have chains for my loader to lift it with. Different way of a Auger more of a Snow Frail and Blower behind it. Saw a U-Tube of one working seem to work OK. Anyone have one they use on there tractor. It is 6 foot across the blade so just right for the rear of mine. They said it ate shear bolts a lot and it used 2-1/4" Shear bolts on the PTO Shaft??? Need to look into that seems way to weak to me I had 2- 1/4" bolts on my walk behind blower? Could be fun on this guys road it is closing in but I got it open to go up to get it. The sides need trimming and blown away from the road base. Not costing me anything to have it to use. Simple construction made of Pillow Block Bearings and a Solid Shaft with Swinging Blades on it to cut up the snow and a blower to get it up and out the chute. Here are some pictures of it and another one I found just like it. 100_3104.JPG 100_3105.JPG 100_3106.JPG The other one I found on line. BlowerA.jpg BlowerB.jpg BlowerC.jpg I need to find out more on the shear bolts size, how used and location if there in the 2 mating disks on the PTO Shaft next to the blower?

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone use one before?

Has anyone used one of these before behind there tractor? I need to verify how the Shear Bolts go on and how many? Not much to maintain 2 grease points I can see on it and no moving parts to wear out other then the inexpensive common Shaft Pillow Bearing and stuff hooked on to it. Not much use wear either on the blower auger parts I can see in the pictures for how old it is.

·
Corndog Hater
11,873 Posts
I have no experience with these, but have seen one or two for sale road side in my travels. It looks stout, and like a nice find for you.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have no experience with these, but have seen one or two for sale road side in my travels. It looks stout, and like a nice find for you.
Must be built well if over 36 years old and still works and NOT Rusted Out! Got to be a reason they changed designs to a Auger later? Looks wise you would think it would be aggressive??

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
Check out the Arps company website. It claims they are a OEM manufacturer for Deere and have been since the about 1983.....

History

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got to be a reason they changed designs to a Auger later? Looks wise you would think it would be aggressive??
Oh yes there is a reason. It is known as hard pack snow. This design will do soft snow ok. Several manufacturers did the Vee design early on and they were better than pushing everything with a loader. These you need to ram into some snow conditions which may be why the shear pins wouldn't take it. This is better than the real early ones which were meant to pull thru the snow being built turned around.

Thanks for the memories.

KURTEE

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Super Moderator
8,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting to pick it up cause it is froze to the ground pretty good! Was hoping to do it yesterday but today would be nice due to more snow tomorrow on the way. I made a road to it and don't need to re/do the road again! If it snows and blows they will be drifted in at there home. Be nice if the blower was on my side of the drift! Last time it cost them $500.00 to have there 1/2 mile road in cleared I did it for $75.00 but having a blower would make it easier to do.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yes there is a reason. It is known as hard pack snow. This design will do soft snow ok. Several manufacturers did the Vee design early on and they were better than pushing everything with a loader. These you need to ram into some snow conditions which may be why the shear pins wouldn't take it. This is better than the real early ones which were meant to pull thru the snow being built turned around.

Thanks for the memories.

KURTEE
I watched one or two pull types in action and man there scary seeing that spinning blower aimed at the drivers seat and the amount of snow you get on you using it! I did order up a piece of 1/4" Lexan for my tractor to go between the roll bar and my seat to stop blowing snow coming into the cab. Just figure the wind will not always be in my favor running one! I would re/do the chute with some plastic shields and having a Hydro it is nice for keeping the RPMs up and working my way slowly into the soft snow up here due tour very cold temps. No snow is wet yet this winter!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts