Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2720 arrived this afternoon, and of course I promptly mowed the lawn. It is just an awesome mowing machine:thumbup1gif:

I have a steep section behind the house and some compound slopes and it was great to put it in 4WD and also have the locking diff when I got it hung up.

Very agile, I was able to mow around the well head easily. I like the twin pedals much more than the rocker pedal on the Kioti. I would say the HST works better than the Kioti too.

I used it for about 2 hours and I am very happy with how it worked.

Charley

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I likey.

OOhhhhh yeah, we need more details, looks like 62 inch deck with the mulch kit. I run mulch kits on both my decks and lov'em. Why not the 72" deck? Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randy,

It is a 62D with the mulch kit and the weird little height lock kit. I chose it over the 72 for convenience and maneuverability. I don't know when I will have a stable concrete floor to roll the mower out from under so the drive over feature makes a difference. Plus, I have the 72" flail mower available and I am converting it to be QH compatible.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sweet new ride! I got a pretty cool picture a while back at my local Deere dealer of a 2720. I submitted it to their annual calendar so we will see if it is on it next year. :good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Randy,

It is a 62D with the mulch kit and the weird little height lock kit. I chose it over the 72 for convenience and maneuverability. I don't know when I will have a stable concrete floor to roll the mower out from under so the drive over feature makes a difference. Plus, I have the 72" flail mower available and I am converting it to be QH compatible.
Thanks Charley, good answer. Sounds like you chose wisely. It will serve you well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Very nice machine, nothing runs like a Deere.:good2: Bought my 1991 855 brand new in May of 1992 and it's still doing everything I ask of it, have changed the ignition switch twice, tachometer cable once and the PTO's switch on the dash board once. Now That's John Deere Value. I don't care what anyone says.:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts