Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
When you look at the market for forks for compact tractors Artillian's are as high as 2x the cost by the time you add a backrest.

Wonder if the new owners have any plans for cost reducing the products?
We live in a free market system where you put your best foot forward and the market decides who will thrive and who will not. There are a variety of choices and price points for a reason. Asking the more refined section of the supply to aim for the cheaper price to meet all buyers needs is a bit like asking Hyundai, Ford and Mercedes Benz to all sell their products for the same price. Sometimes it's worth paying more for something in your mind because it has added features or a potential to last longer or it is better engineered etc. Look at the overall product and decide for yourself how to spend your money, not how much the other guy needs to sell his product for.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
When you look at the market for forks for compact tractors Artillian's are as high as 2x the cost by the time you add a backrest.

If you are just looking at forks, yes they are top of the line, and top dollar.

Now if you are looking for a frame that you can use as pallet forks, a root rake, a grapple, a snow plow mount....... Buy all of those implements independently and see what the cost would be.

Artillian's product wasn't competing with every other tom, dick & harry that made pallet forks - It was innovation.

I'd hope it would be at least part of the consideration as Curtis should try to be as competitive as they can be within the marketplace... that said I would still pay the Artillian price for the quality and weight/strength which I feel is at least double the rest of the competition.
I hope that Curtis is as successful with the Artillian product line as Chris was. I an Walmart market where the only factor is how little does it cost, Artillian put quality and reputation first. I hope Curtis continues with that practice.

We live in a free market system where you put your best foot forward and the market decides who will thrive and who will not. There are a variety of choices and price points for a reason. Asking the more refined section of the supply to aim for the cheaper price to meet all buyers needs is a bit like asking Hyundai, Ford and Mercedes Benz to all sell their products for the same price. Sometimes it's worth paying more for something in your mind because it has added features or a potential to last longer or it is better engineered etc. Look at the overall product and decide for yourself how to spend your money, not how much the other guy needs to sell his product for.
Very well put Manomet.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Chris,

I wish you all of the best and a speedy recovery.

It was a true pleasure to have done business with you. :hi:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Chris I am very pleased with all the Artillian products that I have purchased. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for and all your products have been top notch. As for your health I wish you all the best. I also was diagnosed with a critical illness this past November that I am battling and you got to keep a positive outlook and do what you need to do to get better because your health is everything. Take care and hang tough :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts

I bought a New 1026R from a JD dealer, WITH the small "Horst" Forks made in Canada, that had a built in backrest, and 'Shorty" forks that were a pain to move and stay in place, No down pressure. The cost? MORE than Artillian with Standard size Forks, and about 100 lbs LESS weight, which increased my Lift capacity. I quickly Sold my Horst set on CL and made the trip to see Chris, one of THE BEST decisions a Tractor guy could make. Take Notice of how many "USED" Artillian Forks you see for sale?? That number is likely ZERO... People do NOT sell "Great Tools" .. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Chris, best wishes for a complete recovery. I'm sure Curtis will be counting on your expertise and guidance.

Your forks and grapple have enabled us to do things we could have never accomplished on our own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are just looking at forks, yes they are top of the line, and top dollar.

Now if you are looking for a frame that you can use as pallet forks, a root rake, a grapple, a snow plow mount....... Buy all of those implements independently and see what the cost would be.

Artillian's product wasn't competing with every other tom, dick & harry that made pallet forks - It was innovation.

I hope that Curtis is as successful with the Artillian product line as Chris was. I an Walmart market where the only factor is how little does it cost, Artillian put quality and reputation first. I hope Curtis continues with that practice.

Very well put Manomet.
I recently ourchased frame, forks, grapple, etc primarily due to this forum, but I am worried that I waited too long to buy. Placed my order on 2/22 and can't get any reply to my emails and have no idea when the items will ship.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I recently ourchased frame, forks, grapple, etc primarily due to this forum, but I am worried that I waited too long to buy. Placed my order on 2/22 and can't get any reply to my emails and have no idea when the items will ship.
Hang in there. Chris has always been good to his customers. I do not expect that to change. There may be a few delays during this transition. Trust me it will be well worth the wait. I have beat my poor forks and frame to death, to include today. They are still working great.

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Why don't you call them?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, I feel your pain. My order went in on 2/17, and I know of one person who ordered earlier in the same week. We both have been told when they thought the order was going out, and all dates have been missed. They have responded, eventually, to my emails and voice mails. Emails seem to work best. For me, I guess the good news is my card no longer has a pending order applied to it, but my money is still held hostage because I don't truly know the state of my order. I don't feel like I can safely cancel my order and shop elsewhere. The transition has been a bit painful. I'm sure there would be fewer people concerned if communication had been better along the way. Except for the initial phone call, stating they needed me to re-send my credit information, all communication has been initiated by me. That said, I did receive a response to my latest email today, and supposedly I should see my order by Friday.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
I hope y'all have a bit of patience as they work through this. In the end you won't remember this speed bump when you're forking your loads around with the best forks around. :good2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hope y'all have a bit of patience as they work through this. In the end you won't remember this speed bump when you're forking your loads around with the best forks around. :good2:
It's trying, partly because I'm not sure how Curtis performs as an online seller. I have no doubt that this is the best product available, and that's why I have not given up... yet. I'm thinking that if I had ordered them thru Mutton Power, I may have had them by now. Unfortunately, I don't think Mutton Power carries the front-hoe bucket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Part of the frustration is that a few days before I placed the order I called and was told that everything was in stock and would ship in 2-3 days. After I placed the order I received a call concerning credit card processing through Curtis and was told to expect a "slight" delay. Artillian should at least update their web site to set expectations for potential buyers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I ordered on the 24th and am receiving the run around as well, emails and phone calls say I will receive by tomorrow but no shipping information has been provided and getting a reply has been painful, I too wish there was something explaining this better. :banghead:

·
Registered
139 Posts
A glimmer of hope. Received an email stating my items will ship by 3/9!
May I ask when you made your order?

Update: Never mind. I found it while reading back. 2/22 and shipping by 3/9 is in check with my order of 2/17 and hopefully shipping today for delivery this Friday. We'll see.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts