Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to order Artillian frame and forks soon. Would welcome thoughts regarding the backrest/brush guard or is it superfluous? I have the JD grill guard on the machine already.

I would note the large openings are not going to stop sticks from poking through and damaging the tractor. But I would imagine they stop large objects from falling backwards. I see other vendors simply build a higher frame (built in guard.)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,967 Posts
As you mention, the guard is not for sticks, it is to prevent large objects from falling back on you. I have the guard on my Artillian forks and use it often for securing loads. It is designed to be easily removed but in the last 7 years I have never had the need to remove it.

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
40 Posts
I have the Artillian set up and use the backrest most all of the time when using the forks.
You will not be disappointed if you purchase the backrest.

Not many people talk about this but, I also found the 3 point hitch adapter plate for the Artillian front frame to be very useful. I have used it with my york rake and dethatcher on hills. I was able to fabricated my old Atv plow to be used on the FEL by mounting it to the 3 point hitch adapter plate. It’s something to think about.

Kurt

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
I have the Artillian setup but without the backrest. I need to order one. There have been a number of times when I've lifted something (like my chicken coop!) and had it tip back towards me because there was nothing to prevent it from doing so. The grill guard on the tractor does pretty much nothing for you here. That's stationary and doesn't move when you lift an item with forks.

Reactions: wentonbrown

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just had the backrest delivered. Very good quality and excellent design. Easy on and off. Went for it after I had the second tree branch roll back onto the hood and right to the steering wheel. Problem solved.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These comments are very helpful. I'll add it to the order. Thank you all very much.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supposed to be delivered tomorrow! They have been sitting at the shipping company for a few days. The shipping company called and ask "Can we get a semi down the street to your house. I told them "sure, but you'll have to back out because my neighbors use the cut-d-sac as a parking lot." They said "We'll wait and put them on a smaller truck."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts