Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!

Click the image to go to the website.

:lol: Not a chance, I'm in enough trouble with the second set of Forks that you MADE me have to have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gizmo, I fell victim to this advertising. I was still up at midnight and ordered the 24" fork tines and the caster cart. I thought I needed some additional presents (for my wife). Don't tell her though.

Chris, I should have ordered these at the same time I ordered the 42" set, but wasn't thinking.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Gizmo, I fell victim to this advertising. I was still up at midnight and ordered the 24" fork tines and the caster cart. I thought I needed some additional presents (for my wife). Don't tell her though.

Chris, I should have ordered these at the same time I ordered the 42" set, but wasn't thinking.
My kind of guy! Too bad Chris doesn't make junk products, I'd have more money in my pocket.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Hmm, yes, and for your next purchase I have a fantastic bridge coming up for sale. How should it be shipped? :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
Sure, rub it in!:lol:

·
Administrator
20,697 Posts
I've always wanted a bridge, how much?

·
Registered
22,730 Posts
While I don't like most of the Black Friday / weekend hype, I do look for those odd things you wouldn't think of having a special for that weekend. And while still trying to save up for a set of forks, I thought that it would be neat if Artilian had a Black Friday special. Well I'll be - here it was from last year I guess. Will be on the lookout here on the 28th and hoping...........

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I don't like most of the Black Friday / weekend hype, I do look for those odd things you wouldn't think of having a special for that weekend. And while still trying to save up for a set of forks, I thought that it would be neat if Artilian had a Black Friday special. Well I'll be - here it was from last year I guess. Will be on the lookout here on the 28th and hoping...........
Hi Coaltrain,

I agree and have come to the realization that the whole "Black Friday" thing works great for brick and mortar stores that have a gated front door, a healthy security staff, an established first aid station, and a nearby hospital. In our case, we're closed for business on that day so people who having questions becomes a problem.

Therefore, in lieu of the usual "Black Friday" nuclear option we've decided to go conventional and spread the "event" over a more humane period of time. However, I can't specify exactly when. All I can offer right now is to keep an eye on the Artillian website between now and then. And be sure to refresh your web browser when you do.

On a side note, Coaltrain, what exactly is on your wish list? Just curious. It's a privilege to be the subject of your wishes.

MODS: Can you remove the "2013" from the title of this thread? Might as well make it sensible. Thanks.

·
Registered
22,730 Posts
What a thoughtful response Chris - thank you!

I've noticed that most if not all internet retailers are doing the same - slowly feeding out specials which actually started toward the beginning of the month. For those internet retailers the actual Friday means nothing.

Being on a really tight budget, I want to start with just the 42" fork set for my 2520 w/200CX loader (2300# cap.). I will then plan to save up for the rigging to add a 54 plow.

I'll set your website with a shortcut on my desktop and keep looking this week.

Thanks so much - you're a class act Chris!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Call it whatever you want but if you run on sale on the forks I will pull the trigger. I have been drooling for a while. The 'sale' will be enough to justify it to my wife too.

I would probably do the 36"ers and add stuff on later.

I've noticed that most if not all internet retailers are doing the same - slowly feeding out specials which actually started toward the beginning of the month. For those internet retailers the actual Friday means nothing.

Being on a really tight budget, I want to start with just the 42" fork set for my 2520 w/200CX loader (2300# cap.). I will then plan to save up for the rigging to add a 54 plow.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Good choice. What kinds of things would you like to be able to do with a set of forks? Again, just being nosey. Are you currently using the Deere plow for snow management?

·
Registered
22,730 Posts
Good choice. What kinds of things would you like to be able to do with a set of forks? Again, just being nosey. Are you currently using the Deere plow for snow management?
I usually try to not talk about my recent disability too much as I don't want anyone to pity me. After working for 37 years I got Rheumatoid Arthritis - this was about 3.5 years ago. I kept working as long as I could - I always loved to work - but in September 2012 it got so bad I had to walk away. Since then I've been home with my wife who is also been disabled for 10 years now.

We live on 6 beautiful acres along a river in the mountains of NW Penna. We've lived here for 20 years now and bought it back then knowing it would be where I wanted to retire. But now with the RA it is very hard most days just to take care of the place. I've said it to my wife hundreds of times the past 2 years that without the tractor (2520) and the loader we probably wouldn't be able to keep up. We use the bucket for moving all kinds of things now - it's like my power wheel barrow and cart. Just simple chores like taking the garbage out to the road (150 yards) is impossible without the tractor. Also moving firewood - we had to break down last year and buy a new oil furnace since we had such a hard time handling the firewood. Still keep 3 or so cord in the wood shed for power outages.

I don't mean to drag anyone down with all this. I usually keep a very good attitude about all this - just been very frustrating once doing everything for ourselves and now having such a hard time. But we're getting it done and very proud to be able to keep our mountain retreat. So the forks would be an awesome addition to use for daily chores around here. We get by with using the bucket and chaining/strapping larger items into it to move them, but a set of forks would work so much better.

As for snow removal I've been just using the 47" bucket on our 150 yard gravel driveway. Yeah - takes some time but I get it done. I can usually only sit on the tractor for 20 minutes at a time so I do it in increments. Not all that bad as I have all the time in the world now.

Well, you asked! Again - please - no pity party for me. As you see my signature line says "it is what it is". I've lived by the motto most of my life and it sure has come in handy after having my life turned upside down. I'm thankful for what I can do as I know there are a lot of other folks in much worse shape than I am. One day at a time!

This was last winter using the loader to bring firewood into the house:

Untitled by sterling2424, on Flickr

And another example of how the forks would be a benefit:

Untitled by sterling2424, on Flickr

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Nice place and tractor. Hope you didn't get to much snow the last few days. Heard it's in your neck of the woods and more coming. :greentractorride: :morning2:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I know mine are on my loader more than the bucket is. Just seems like all kinds of new uses pop up.

Yep...mine too. I truly thought when I bought mine that it would be an occasional use type of implement. But I figured when I needed it, nothing else would do. So I sprung for it. At that time, I had no idea how much it would be used. I wish I had bought it sooner. I have gotten to where I store as much as I can on pallets. For example. a couple of weeks ago, Sugarlips had me gather up all the potted plants outside, to put in the garage. since a freeze warning was out. I put them all on pallets. When things warm back up...its going to be so easy to put them back out.
If I am buying something heavy, there will be a pallet for it to go on in my trailer....makes unloading a snap. etc etc.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Yep...mine too. I truly thought when I bought mine that it would be an occasional use type of implement. But I figured when I needed it, nothing else would do. So I sprung for it. At that time, I had no idea how much it would be used. I wish I had bought it sooner. I have gotten to where I store as much as I can on pallets. For example. a couple of weeks ago, Sugarlips had me gather up all the potted plants outside, to put in the garage. since a freeze warning was out. I put them all on pallets. When things warm back up...its going to be so easy to put them back out.
If I am buying something heavy, there will be a pallet for it to go on in my trailer....makes unloading a snap. etc etc.
Exactly! No hassle. Just simple!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts