1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Way cool! :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
I wonder if the girl would be upset if I bought my own Xmas present this year? :laugh:

Very nice! Thanks Chris! :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
I wonder if the girl would be upset if I bought my own Xmas present this year? :laugh:

I say go for it. :thumbup1gif: :lol:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Be sure to read the fine print!!

This is meant for gift giving....and the fact that we'd rather talk to the ladies....:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
I'm going to have Gizmo2 send me a gift certificate. :munch:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Your killing me Chris....

Wife asked what I wanted for Christmas. I gave her 'the list'. Top of list is a set of forks followed closely by a dethatcher, sprayer and broadcast spreader.

Then she gave me her list, new kitchen floor, new stove, new dishwasher, new over the range micro and new countertops. I think she wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Wife asked what I wanted for Christmas. I gave her 'the list'. Top of list is a set of forks followed closely by a dethatcher, sprayer and broadcast spreader.

Then she gave me her list, new kitchen floor, new stove, new dishwasher, new over the range micro and new countertops. I think she wins.

Tis the season....to lay it on thick, gentlemen.

Be sure to point out how cold it is when out clearing the icy wet snow or how hard it is trying to keep the yard picked up to look it's best with only the few old paltry tools you have. Use the phrase "If only I had a <blank>, I could make our beautiful oasis just so much more beautiful for you, my love.." Feel free to tailor to your taste. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts

You both win the way I see it...of course you need the forks first to unload the new flooring, dishwasher, and micro from the truck right?

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts

Be sure to point out how cold it is when out clearing the icy wet snow or how hard it is trying to keep the yard picked up to look it's best with only the few old paltry tools you have. Use the phrase "If only I had a <blank>, I could make our beautiful oasis just so much more beautiful for you, my love.." Feel free to tailor to your taste. :thumbup1gif:
^^^ Mr. Smooth Operator right there! :lol:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
You both win the way I see it...of course you need the forks first to unload the new flooring, dishwasher, and micro from the truck right?
I'll add that bit of info to my argument for what I want

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
:thumbup1gif:It's so nice having experienced people and real thinkers on GTT. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts

Can No Do!
Babycakes uses that on me. Just Sayin! :lol:
Nice try though. :lol:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I believe I just got the "OK" from the wife. She asked me what I wanted for xmass. I told her I wanted pallet forks. She said "What are those"? I showed her your website and told her how useful they would be around the house . I also told her that I'd use my yearly Fire Chief check to pay for them. That pretty much sealed the deal! Won't have much left.......but that's alright! I'd like to order them now..........but may hold off until spring.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::drinks:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts

Now I know why he'd rather talk to the ladies. :laugh: If I give you my phone number can you call my wife? Be prepared as she will make you pay for them. :laugh:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe I just got the "OK" from the wife. She asked me what I wanted for xmass. I told her I wanted pallet forks. She said "What are those"? I showed her your website and told her how useful they would be around the house . I also told her that I'd use my yearly Fire Chief check to pay for them. That pretty much sealed the deal! Won't have much left.......but that's alright! I'd like to order them now..........but may hold off until spring.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::drinks:
What is a "Yearly Fire Chief check"? Retired from the service?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
What is a "Yearly Fire Chief check"? Retired from the service?
My town is strictly volunteer.........but we pay the guys $10 per hour for a fire call and training. They also get $10 if they attend our monthly meeting. Most guys make an average of $200 per year. That isn't much. During our monthly meetings we start up all the generators, saws, ice auger, check trucks, clean the fire station, etc. As the Fire Chief I get $2,000 per year........only $1,500 this year because I only became the Chief on April 1st. With the amount of time I spend doing paperwork, scheduling trainings, etc., I average about $4 and hour. We don't do it for the money........that's for sure.

I created a Facebook page for our department.

https://m.facebook.com/st.agathafiredepartment?ref=bookmark

Edit: I'm getting off topic......sorry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts