Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a JD 1025R FILB. Really need a set of pallet forks mainly to move brush. Everything I see on the forums say Artillian is the way to go but they are very expensive. 42 inch X 3 inch with brush guard and shipping is over $1200. Anyone know a discount code can use? If not, I may have to go wth Titan. Thanks! - Frank

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
Nope, no coupon codes that I'm aware of. Artillian makes extremely good stuff, worth the money you pay. I'm a happy owner. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
No coupons. I am very happy with the Artillian forks. Yes, the initial expense is big but once you have that fork frame it allows you to mount other attachments, which a very handy and not that much money.

As Dieselshadow said, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
If you just needed to move "stuff" with your forks I'd say that Artillian, Titan, Frontier, et. al. would do the trick for you. Artillians are going to take the least amount of capacity away from loader as they are probably the lightest (and strongest and well made) of the brands that I mentioned.

But, you mentioned moving brush. I use my forks for logs and for moving "stuff" around my place. I also use them for unloading the new implements that I've been buying off the backs of semi trailers. :laugh: But, for "brush" you're going to want the "squeeze ability" of a grapple to grab on to piles of brush so you can move it. So, eventually you're going to say "Wow! A grapple sure would be handy for moving this stuff - but the forks are super handy as well!" As mentioned above, if you buy the Artillian forks, you can use the same base for their grapple. And, Artillian makes a GREAT diverter valve system that even a big dummy like me was able to install. Think of Artillian as a "system" rather than just buying forks.

As far as the coupon code - I'm not sure the one that C-Range mentioned will work on their site. But, it's pretty rare to see companies that have the most top of the line products offer coupon codes - because they generally don't have to.

Oh, my forks? Artillian.

·
Premium Member
13,693 Posts
Another vote for "the system"

Lots of folks love having forks.

Mine come in real handy, but I usually have to take the grapple off to use them. :laugh:

Vehicle Grass Plant Outdoor power equipment Tree

Vehicle Tree Jungle Plant community Automotive exterior

Chainsaw Vehicle Saw chain Soil Grass

If it is brush that you want to move, you'll really never second guess the :gizmo: a good grapple cost you.

Reactions: BigJim55 and OxPath

·
Registered
718 Posts
Try coupon code: ShouldHaveBoughtaJinmaTractorToMatchMyCrapMadeInChinaTitanForks

:lolol:
Why do you say they are crap?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Another vote for "the system"

Lots of folks love having forks.

Mine come in real handy, but I usually have to take the grapple off to use them. :laugh:

If it is brush that you want to move, you'll really never second guess the :gizmo: a good grapple cost you.
One thing you can do with the Artillian "system" - buy the forks now. Then, you can buy just the section of the Artillian grapple with the hydraulics and use your forks on the frame to support wider loads of brush. Then, if you decide later on that you need non-Jaw sections of the Artillian grapple. In other words, buy it as you need it - and can afford it. :good2:

·
Registered
913 Posts
It's interesting that Artillian lists their stufff as made in the USA from "North American" steel. That to me implies that the steel is sourced from outside the USA. North American but not USA means that the steel comes from one of the other 22 countries that make up North America. Anyone know their steel source?:usa

I don't doubt Artillian quality and construction, but I just find their ad a little strangely worded.:confused:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It's interesting that Artillian lists their stufff as made in the USA from "North American" steel. That to me implies that the steel is sourced from outside the USA. North American but not USA means that the steel comes from one of the other 22 countries that make up North America. Anyone know their steel source?:usa

I don't doubt Artillian quality and construction, but I just find their ad a little strangely worded.:confused:
Mexico is in North America... Just sayin'...

I was in a similar position a couple months back. I finally got brave enough to take the plunge and trust Titan. Turned out very well for me. Great price, quick shipping, no manufacturing problems, and they work just like they should. I'm guessing that the ~$800 I saved vs. comparable Artillians I can buy a dedicated grapple (or loader add-on) if needed.

Rob

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
First of all, let me say that I love my Artillian stuff. The quality is great and it works well. I've got 40" and 24" forks as well as the grapple.

The good thing about the Artillian system is that you can swap different things onto the frame. The bad thing about the Artillian system us that you have to swap different things onto the frame. I use the 40" forks and the grapple each pretty equally. I'll be honest, switching them, sometimes multiple times in a day, is getting old. It seems like which ever one I need is the one that isn't on the frame at the time. It's not a fault of the product, it's more my varied use of it. I've considered getting another frame, but laying out another $550-$660 just isn't appealing to me.

Just my .02¢. Not trying to sway anyone away from Artillian, it's a great system. I just suggest taking a look at how much swapping you might need to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brush Guard for Artillian?

Do you Artillian folks have the "brush guard" attachment? (adds $200 to the cost of the forks) Also, what length do you folks have? I'm looking at the 42" X 3" ($779).

Reactions: PJR832

·
Administrator
22,397 Posts
Do you Artillian folks have the "brush guard" attachment? (adds $200 to the cost of the forks) Also, what length do you folks have? I'm looking at the 42" X 3" ($779).
I have the guard, but it's been hanging on the wall 99% of time. You can always add it later if you need...

42" for me, a great fit for my 4110 and now my 3720.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,947 Posts
I have the guard and I'm the opposite of Kenny, mine is on all of the time. I only take it off when it will be in the way. I like the 42" forks (mistakenly said 40" earlier), the length makes the tips easier to see.
And this whole time I thought you had your 40's custom built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rtgt and Bubber

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Mexico is in North America... Just sayin'...

I was in a similar position a couple months back. I finally got brave enough to take the plunge and trust Titan. Turned out very well for me. Great price, quick shipping, no manufacturing problems, and they work just like they should. I'm guessing that the ~$800 I saved vs. comparable Artillians I can buy a dedicated grapple (or loader add-on) if needed.

Rob
I have had excellent luck from my Titan forks. Did I feel great about purchasing them? Not really. It's well known how and why Titan forks are so inexpensive. I would have happily paid more than I paid for the Titans to purchase forks from Artillian but seeing the price and shipping exceeding a particular price mark solely swayed my decision. I never doubted the forks was not worth the money, just wasn't worth the money to me.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have the 42 inch forks and brush guard. Brush guard stays mounted on the fork frame all the time for me, mine is the old style which is little narrower. I like the 42's as it gives me more reach to fork stuff out of the bed of my truck. I originally bought the forks for my 2210 but they work just as well or better with my 3025e. To be honest forks area almost a must have for me. Life is so much easier since I got these a couple of years ago. Whatever brand you get, just get them.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Are you looking for the mine the iron ore came out of? I am happy they made the steel in America. It may have been mined and smelted in Canada, Mexico or the US. I am sure they can't say for sure exactly where it comes from since they do not control the source of the material that hits the smelter.

The forks I have are Cascade Forks advertised as made in US. I am not sure of the fork frame but am fairly certain Artillian cuts it and welds up in their facility, I am going to assume they source their steel from a US steel manufacturer/vendor. The only thing I can find sourced not from the US is the hydraulic cylinder on their grapple. I just replaced mine, and it is made in China. I think most affordable aftermarket cylinders are sourced from Asia these days based on the short search I had to make to replace mine. I can't remember on the diverter valve but would guess the electrical parts might be sourced from foreign sources. The valve its self, I can't remember either. I believe the hoses are US made, I will have to check but probably are.

The point is with the internationalization of the markets these days finding something 100% sourced from one country is very hard to do. One of the reasons I have bought Artillian products in the past is that the product is made in the US. I fully realize not all of the components are US sourced but neither is my Duramax Chevy 100% US made. At the end of the day though I am getting a quality product from a US factory which hopefully gives a quality manufacturing job to some one. It is a selling point a lot of companies will make if they can and rightly so since that appeals to some people. I know I usually look for the US made/assembled product first if possible.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Are you looking for the mine the iron ore came out of?

The point is with the internationalization of the markets these days finding something 100% sourced from one country is very hard to do. One of the reasons I have bought Artillian products in the past is that the product is made in the US. I fully realize not all of the components are US sourced but neither is my Duramax Chevy 100% US made. At the end of the day though I am getting a quality product from a US factory which hopefully gives a quality manufacturing job to some one. It is a selling point a lot of companies will make if they can and rightly so since that appeals to some people. I know I usually look for the US made/assembled product first if possible.
No, I don't give a RA about where the iron ore was mined. I was making a brief comment on the global economy. Imagine how much more already expensive Artillian stuff would cost if they didn't use imported materials? Sorry about getting you wound up.:flag_of_truce:

Wanna meet in the politics forum and we can continue to chat?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.