Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find plenty of info about Artillian forks. I plan on purchasing the 36" forks because I likely will be using them mostly for landscaping needs. I'd like some opinions, however, concerning fork frames. I could see the receiver hitch being handy, and it looks to strengthen the frame significantly. Maybe I already answered my own question, but any reason to get the 2300 LB capacity frame over the 3000 LB capacity?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yes, I also plan on getting the Front Hoe Bucket.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I can find plenty of info about Artillian forks. I plan on purchasing the 36" forks because I likely will be using them mostly for landscaping needs. I'd like some opinions, however, concerning fork frames. I could see the receiver hitch being handy, and it looks to strengthen the frame significantly. Maybe I already answered my own question, but any reason to get the 2300 LB capacity frame over the 3000 LB capacity?
Weight savings, unless your tractor is a 4/5/6 Series and will really make use of the stronger frame, save your $ and #'s.

Reactions: Troutgeek

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weight savings, unless your tractor is a 4/5/6 Series and will really make use of the stronger frame, save your $ and #'s.
No worries about torquing the frame?

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
I would look at the 42" forks. Most pallets are 44-48". I feel 36 is pretty small.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I just ordered a set from Artillian and I went with the 3000 lb frame, not so much for the extra weight capacity but for the built-in receiver hitch. The 2300 lb has an add-on receiver hitch available, but if you buy both of those it's cheaper to just buy the 3000 and have the receiver in place permanently.

I had a hard time deciding between the 36" and 42" forks, finally went with the 42". I think these will be better for hauling brush, time will tell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered a set from Artillian and I went with the 3000 lb frame, not so much for the extra weight capacity but for the built-in receiver hitch. The 2300 lb has an add-on receiver hitch available, but if you buy both of those it's cheaper to just buy the 3000 and have the receiver in place permanently.

I had a hard time deciding between the 36" and 42" forks, finally went with the 42". I think these will be better for hauling brush, time will tell.
Yeah, that receiver hitch could be very useful. I'm pretty set on the 36" forks, and I'm leaning toward the 3000 lb frame because I'll be using them more for landscaping than for lifting pallets. We have a whole lotta property to reclaim, with the more-than-occasional rock reaching out of the ground.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The 36" work great even on 44"-48" pallets. Even the 36" sometimes feel like they stick 'way out there' when in a tight place. You won't be disappointed...and you save a few pounds.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts

Well said!

The 3000 Lb capacity frames are our newer design, originally created for the 4000 series tractors. However, the 3000 Lb capacity frame only ended up weighing 18 lbs more and was able to accommodate a built-in 2" receiver included in that weight.

We do still offer the 2" Receiver Adapter for those who have or choose the 2300Lb capacity frames, but it's money saved to just go with the 3000 Lb frame from the start, as long as you can tolerate the 18 lb (which to us is actually a significant 25%! :laugh:) increase in weight of the frame.

Regarding fork length, it's much a matter of preference but consider the FAQ information at Artillian FAQ

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The frames are optimized for light weight, but without sacrificing strength. The various high strength US steels used to make them may look a little deceiving.

:good2:
Absolutely, if you bend/break/torque a frame you did something wrong and abused it and your tractor.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hey Chris - did you ever come up with a retrofit receiver hitch for the "old style" 3000 pound frame? I thought at one time you said you were working on it.
Yes, they are made, just waiting some documentation work. Want one? Email, call, or come in and we'll get you set up.

Thanks for asking! And sorry for the delay! We've been flat out with many other things.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have one of the early frames and 42" forks. After considerable use/testing I would say you will break something on your tractor (mine is a 2520) before you break that "light weight" frame. That being said the receiver used once pays for itself.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
3000 lb frame & hitch?

That's the single most used device on our 1025R FILB. Even my wife loves the forks and she won't drive the tractor. The front hitch has moved trailers, mounted a front plow for sprinkler line ditches, anchored loads on the forks (branches, firewood, etc.).

I can't say enough good things about Chris' products and customer service. Artillian is ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pulled the trigger. Got the 3000 Lb capacity frame w/ 36"x3" tines. Also got the front hoe bucket. I really really need this bucket. Rocks are killing me, and as nice as the Ratchet Rake is for reclaiming property, it just doesn't help much for boulder removal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anybody else ordered anything from Artillian over the past two weeks? Looks like I got my money back, so now I'm not sure what's going on. Yes, I've left voice mail and email.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Intresting :munch:

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
23,026 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts