Green Tractor Talk banner

Artillian fork system with plow adapter question

7K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Green Man 
#1 ·
Looking to pull the trigger soon to buy a Artillian fork set-up for my 1025r and then buy the plow adapter kit and run a plow in this fashion. The issue of not being able to change over from the standard Deere quick-hitch plow set-up and flip over to the FEL without having to take 10-15 mins to take the mount off to clear the stand seems to be a problem Deere needs to solve if they want more sales. Alot easier to just pull 2 lynch pins and 2 hoses to swap from plow to bucket.

When I get the plow mount I plan to get the hose extensions versus the diverter valve set-up which will cost more money. Anyone want to point out anything I am missing and should go to the diverter valve. If I set the curl at the right approach angle to plow after mounting the plow before changing over to the hydraulic angle hoses I should be good and not miss the curl option.

#2 ·
Hummmmmm.......

Not the hydraulics expert here but I don' think it is a good idea to put a load on the curl cylinders without pressure connected to them. :unknown:

KennyD or Diesel or one of our many other experts will be along shortly and then we will both know the answer to this question.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Gizmo2
#3 ·
The main issue as I see it is that the cylinder can drift some from the initial setting when you disconnect the hoses, and sometimes it will he hard to disconnect/reconnect then because of the pressure built up in them. If you have any intentions of getting the grapple when it comes out than just get the diverter now, if you have no need for the grapple then try the extension hose for now.

#4 ·
I'm betting both lift and curl cylinders on the loader will drift fairly quickly. That would be extremely frustrating to stop and reconnect the loader hoses, reposition, then reconnect the plow. I would get the diverter and not look back.:thumbup1gif:

#5 ·
96PSD,

Taking a shortcut is seldom a satisfactory resolution to any issue. In fact, I've gone further than simply installing a diverter valve. I've installed a 3rd SCV for the rear of my 1026. If I buy a grapple someday, I'll hook up the hydraulics for it to that 3rd SCV. I've got a fork set on order from Artillian so I'll have a new toy ... I mean implement to use shortly. I also use that 3rd SCV for the hydraulics on my tow-behind aerator.

Reactions: Jeff R.
#6 ·
96PSD,

Taking a shortcut is seldom a satisfactory resolution to any issue. In fact, I've gone further than simply installing a diverter valve. I've installed a 3rd SCV for the rear of my 1026. If I buy a grapple someday, I'll hook up the hydraulics for it to that 3rd SCV. I've got a fork set on order from Artillian so I'll have a new toy ... I mean implement to use shortly. I also use that 3rd SCV for the hydraulics on my tow-behind aerator.
X2 :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Jeff R.
#12 ·
That just means you're cool. :thumbup1gif: Are you originally from NY? :lol:
I have a feeling so did those other two yahoos.:lol:

#16 ·
I do not mean to highjack a thread here, but this leads me to another question. I have the 1025 TLB with 60D.

I am getting ready to purchase the 54" plow with quick hitch.

From reading the orginal post; I will need to take off all of the brackets from the tractor if I want to switch over to the loader?

#17 ·
Yes/No/Maybe.

The 54" plow getup consists of 4 subassemblies.

1. The Quick Hitch Mounting bracket.
2. The Independent Front hitch.
3. The Front Hitch Angling Kit.
4. The 54" plow itself.

The mounting bracket bolts onto the front of your tractor and doesn't need to come off when you put the FEL on. Everything else must come off to mount the FEL.

Everything else "pins" to the mounting bracket when you want to mount your plow. It's a 15-20 process but it does require that you get off the tractor and drag the assemblies around to get them into position and connected. It's not terrible to do in nice heated a garage but if you're trying to do it when it's -15 deg. out and you're in the middle of the driveway and everything is encrusted with snow/ice, it can be a hassle many people would rather do without.

#18 ·
Sounds as I will go as planned for now. I will spend the money eventually to get the 3rd diverter. It is not like I am back peddling by spending money that I not use later on to move forth with the 3rd diverter. I have 300' of driveway so the fact that the plow will stick out further does not impact me trying to maneuver around and now I can stack snow higher as it will be on the FEL arms.

#19 ·
The issue of not being able to change over from the standard Deere quick-hitch plow set-up and flip over to the FEL without having to take 10-15 mins to take the mount off to clear the stand seems to be a problem Deere needs to solve if they want more sales.
Just figured I'd share my perspective on this... I wouldn't look at this as a problem or even Deere specific as just about all manufacturers have a frame mounted plow available for their machines. Why? Well, a frame mounted plow will generally work better than a FEL mounted plow, especially on the smaller machines. The why has been discussed on GTT so if you want to dig into it a bit, a quick search will net you some very informative responses. I actually asked this question a while back so one of my threads will most likely surface in your search.

Agree that the FEL mounted plow is MUCH easier to switch to and from, but best performance will be with the QH frame mounted setup. The FEL mounted plow allows you to stack a serious amount of snow and it's more fun, but if you really have a lot of snow to move and want optimal performance, the frame mount is where it's at.

#20 ·
Been reading this with interest . I also have a general dislike in the John Deere quick hitch set up. It doesn't seem to be user friendly or quick to me. I had posted a thread about the Extreme Metal Products plow which attaches to the H120 boom arms same as bucket. Can be purchased with electric actuator for angling . Was hoping to hear from those using this plow regarding satisfaction and reliability. This is a quick and easy pop bucket off, plow on and plug in one electrical connector. If it's a snow the plow can't handle, the bucket will. Which is possible here in Central Minnesota. I also had wondered about a 6ft blade on a 1023E. Your comments please.

#22 ·
I have found with the loader and normal 48 (I think) inch blade that the front end can get a little light causeing steering issues. I have placed some weights on the bracket and it helps but the 1026 is almost a little small. But it is the biggest tractor I need. I think you may have some issues with a 6ft blade angled pushing you around a bunch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Any of Deere's setups for attachments that require removal of the loader and/or removal of parts for the other attachment to put the loader on negates any benefit of having it. And, this is EXACTLY why I sold my front-mount snowblower. I have no choice but to use the loader in the winter because that's how I maneuver the pallets of firewood around. The time and effort required to swap between the loader and the blower was WAY too much, and I had to leave the loader on at all times because I had no place to store it if the blower was on the tractor and in the garage.

I now use only my FEL w/ 61" materials bucket to move and pile snow, and I can actually clear my driveway faster than I did with the snowblower.

#23 ·
There are always exceptions to the plan. I agree, in your situation it sounds like a front blower was not the ideal setup given the need for the loader during the winter. It's a double win for you if you can make do with the loader for snow removal. Around here a blower is mandatory at times. If I was to need my loader for routine jobs during the winter I would no doubt go for a rear mounted 3PH blower.

As it is, I rarely need the loader during the winter months so I stick with the 54" front blower and a blade on the rear.

Too bad the smaller tractors don't have an available loader-mounted blower like the larger tractors do.
In the end it only matters what works for you. :good2:

#25 ·
I do plan to buy the forks, so I can move firewood and equipment in the winter and during the summer move around my close to empty or empty water totes for watering the garden and trees. I own 3 of them. If I ever want to buy a blower it will be a rear 3pt so I can plow with the front and blow with the back. I'm still young and have a massage therapist wife so my aches and pains in the neck worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.