Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my old Artillian 2300 lb. frame, forks and backrest to my brother and ordered a new 3000 lb. frame, forks, backrest and weldable base frame.

I'm driving out to Artillian in Massachusetts on Wednesday, 11/07/2018, to pick up the order and have my brother buy me lunch. If anyone along my route wants to place an Artillian order and have me pick it up and drop it off on the way home, I'd be glad to do so.

I'll be traveling Rt 90 out of West Boylston Ma, and the NYS Thruway (Rt. 90) as far west as exit 30, Herkimer. I can meet you at any exit along my route, or bring your order to my house (20 miles from Herkimer exit) and store it until you can pick it up.

You'll have to pay MA sales tax on your order unless you are exempt and can Fax me your MA ST-12 exempt certificate, but the tax is only 6.25% and way less expensive than shipping. The shipping on my order would have been over $300.00.

I spoke to Peter at Artillian (508) 459-4394, this morning and he said that he would put a rush order together for anyone that wants their order picked up with mine. You'll have to pay with a credit card and the product will have to be in stock. I know this is late notice, but I've didn't confirm my travel date until this morning.

If you're ready to buy something Artillian and have been putting it off, here's your chance to save a few bucks and as a bonus, meet a fellow GTT member. Call Peter and place your order and PM me with the details.

Edit - Fixed the date in title.

·
Super Moderator
5,281 Posts
I'm driving out to Artillian in Massachusetts on Wednesday, 11/07/2018, to pick up the order and have my brother buy me lunch.
Well dang! I was gonna offer to meet up with ya for lunch but you've already got that covered. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well dang! I was gonna offer to meet up with ya for lunch but you've already got that covered. :laugh:
If you're in the vicinity and know a good lunch joint it'd be a pleasure to meet you and have you join us. I was just kidding about my brother buying ... he's a cheapskate. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irish Pub! Grandma McGuiness approves. It would be great to have lunch with you fellas. If you want to set a time that's good for both of you, we'll meet you there.

I wonder if I can get my brother to drive. :bigbeer: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Just let us know what works for you with regard to your travel time and equipment pick-up schedule. I'm working from home this week and am pretty flexible.

·
Super Moderator
5,281 Posts
I'm in! I retired so, any time that fits into the schedule is good for me!

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should have a PM.

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
Guys, if this is your first time meeting Phil I’ll give you a warning, keep your eyes on his hands at all times. :lolol:

I wish I could make it, I’ll probably be up sometime this weekend though.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, if this is your first time meeting Phil I’ll give you a warning, keep your eyes on his hands at all times. :lolol:

Don't scare them off after I worked so hard baitin' em. :lol:

I don't envy you your trip. It's a sad time.

·
Super Moderator
5,281 Posts

*Makes note to wear my brass underwear tomorrow* :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts

Thanks for the head's-up Kenny. Let me know if you're coming in over the weekend.

I'm in! I retired so, any time that fits into the schedule is good for me!
Jim, I'd be happy to drive. If you'd like I could pick you up on the way over. Just let me know.

Don't scare them off after I worked so hard baitin' em. :lol:
I forgot you're a New Yorker. Now it all makes sense..:unknown:

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I forgot you're a New Yorker. Now it all makes sense..:unknown:
If your only experience with a New York GTT member is ColonyPark, I can understand your concern. Don't worry, I'll have my brother with me and he's a pretty good guy. Me, not so much, but still a notch above a Gizmo.

My brother's driving. It's Guinness time!

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
It’s official, CowAlleyway, err, I mean OxPath has his own chapter in my GTT ledger of troublemakers.

I’ve always heard the further east you go in NY, the more derelicts you run into, you know NYC and all.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It’s official, CowAlleyway, err, I mean OxPath has his own chapter in my GTT ledger of troublemakers.
I’ve always heard the further east you go in NY, the more derelicts you run into, you know NYC and all.
Finally! My own chapter. :yahoo: I have to agree with you about the dereliction level when traveling east. Sullivan County, to my east, comes to mind. :laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
It was great meeting up with everyone yesterday for lunch!

For those just catching up, OxPath / Phil, his brother Jim, Moderator JimR and I met up for lunch in Worcester MA, yesterday. Just down the road from Curtis Industries / Artillian where OxPath was picking up some new forks.

We had a great time getting acquainted and enjoyed a nice lunch and a couple of beers together.

Phil & Jim were also nice enough to leave a couple of cases of their favorite local brew behind as a gesture of goodwill! It was great meeting everyone. Safe travels!:good2:

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No pics of the crew, unfortunately. Something about witness protection issues from what I could make out. I'll post some Artillian photos later on, after the equipment makes it the final 7-miles to my house.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts