Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Atrillian Grapple and diverter kit 1/18 and received everything Friday 1/22. It took me all said and done about 8 hours to do the install. I'm slow, so there is that. I have to say that the kit is awesome! I couldn't have asked for a nicer piece of gear. If you are looking for a grapple, search no further. I didn't get too many pics of the install. It was cold and I was trying to concentrate. I can take pics if you have any specific questions. Here are a couple that I got!

(Scroll to post #8 for pics)

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
From the looks of your trailer, you've been busy. :bigthumb:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the mention! Regarding the 8 hours to install, I'm guessing a big chunk of that was wiring the diverter to your tractor, as I believe your model had to have it hard wired, correct? Maybe you could share a little bit about your electrical connection. That would surely be helpful to someone else.

Other than that, I hope the rest of the diverter install and the grapple hoses wasn't too painful.

Thanks again!

Edit: Oops, just realized you have the 2032r, not the 2025r, so connecting directly to power was by choice... Sorry about that.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the mention! Regarding the 8 hours to install, I'm guessing a big chunk of that was wiring the diverter to your tractor, as I believe your model had to have it hard wired, correct? Maybe you could share a little bit about your electrical connection. That would surely be helpful to someone else.

Other than that, I hope the rest of the diverter install and the grapple hoses wasn't too painful.

Thanks again!
Like I said I'm slow. The electrical hookup did take a while. I put the aux cable under the seat and pulled a wire from the battery. I started to pull a run from the starter, but that boot is dang near impossible to remove. I would say that anyone with at least a little bit of technical knowledge and someone that can stay off of the phone, could probably install in half the time.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
bubber; glad u was able to finally get this, from artillan. I am now rather jealous of u:lovetongue: ur pics wouldn't open up, so I can't see how happy u are:happy: I hope maybe this spring I might try selling my jd forks, to start on this journey of owning one too-maybe!! please post some pics or even a action video would also be entertaining too, as informational for us that have not or been able to achieve this goal yet in our lives.:empathy: have fun with it, and good luck with them.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Like I said I'm slow. The electrical hookup did take a while. I put the aux cable under the seat and pulled a wire from the battery. I started to pull a run from the starter, but that boot is dang near impossible to remove. I would say that anyone with at least a little bit of technical knowledge and someone that can stay off of the phone, could probably install in half the time.
Thanks, I get lots of calls from people saying they have XYZ tractor and asking what's the best way to tie into power for the diverter. It's impossible to answer with every tractor being different. So anytime someone wants to share what they did, it's more than welcome and sure to help someone else down the road.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thanks, I get lots of calls from people saying they have XYZ tractor and asking what's the best way to tie into power for the diverter. It's impossible to answer with every tractor being different. So anytime someone wants to share what they did, it's more than welcome and sure to help someone else down the road.
For my 2210, I simply cut into the hot wire going to the ignition and then put the ground to bolt on the tractor frame. Very easy once I found a wire that had 12v going through it all the time. Getting the nerve to cut a completely perfect wire was the hard part. I also ended up bolting the diverter valve its self to the loader frame on the inside of it since there is no way to use the supplied mounting hardware for its intended use. It is tucked away from everything but still accessible. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanted to leave the power plug alone since I use it to charge my phone when I'm in BFE, down at the deer lease. I don't know if I did it right, but here's what i did.

Pulled power off of the battery. Ran it under the radiator with the starter wire.

20160206_104003.jpg

20160206_104012.jpg

Put the fuse in this convenient little pocket.

20160206_104108.jpg

I'd have to take panels off to get the rest of it and I need to get on the road to help my buddy. I can probably get those tomorrow.

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Wow, looks great Dan! :thumbup1gif:
FYI I edited a few threads to get rid of all the "I can't see the pics" comments.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wow, looks great Dan! :thumbup1gif:
FYI I edited a few threads to get rid of all the "I can't see the pics" comments.
Now that I can see the pics, I'm a little jealous. That looks great on the 2032R.:lovetongue:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks Bubber. Garage turned out pretty nice too. :thumbup1gif:
I agree. Plus, he won't be catching the rops on that door.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All of the pines that we cleaned up were dead and he had a tree company friend that dropped them for him. Long pieces like this were pretty light, heavier pieces got cut shorter or dragged with my buddy's Ford 8n.

20160206_123058.jpg

Grabbing logs is fine, but having a grapple to rake up and collect branches is the bees knees.

20160207_101159.jpg

It'll pick up more than I wanted to deal with on the muddy and uneven terrain, so I kept the loads light. Speaking of uneven terrain, I'm now convinced that the 2032r can't drive itself out of a wet paper bag in Hi gear. Anyway, I put 7 hours on the tractor, other than a quick 2 mile round trip to the gas station, all grapple work. There is some technique to using it. I found that going with the jaw wide open and full curl dump and attacking things from the top worked pretty well for logs. the bulldozer method into a pile of branches then clamping down on it worked well. The firewood cutting feature is nice. We cut a few standing dead hardwoods and were quickly able to buck it all up. I could see how having two grapple modules might be nice in certain situations, but I didn't feel lacking while using it. The fangs are a nice addition and at their price point, they are a no brainer.

I'm really happy with the product. Don't think that my install time is typical, in hind sight, I took a lot of the tractor apart that I didn't need to. Evidently I didn't put anti-seize on the steering wheel that last time that I took it off, so that was a real time waster.

We put a GoPro on and got a little over an hour of footage, when I get my hands on it, I'll clean it up and post it.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
...There is some technique to using it. I found that going with the jaw wide open and full curl dump and attacking things from the top worked pretty well for logs. the bulldozer method into a pile of branches then clamping down on it worked well....
That reminds me of a helpful trick. When you are curling a load back that is prone to shifting in the bed, tap the diverter button repeatedly as you curl. What that does is continuously tighten up the hold on the load as it rotates back. At this point, I pretty much do it as a habit whenever grappling.

Another tip is when you are closing down on a load, put the loader in float as you close and curl. What that effectively does is move the center of rotation out to the tips of the grapple jaws instead of back at the ends of the loader arms. This isn't always necessary, but it helps when trying to grab more difficult objects.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Bubber; thanks for all the new pics and a video of ur garage door, looks GREAT!!!!! thanks again and have fun too.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Now that I can see the pics, I'm a little jealous. That looks great on the 2032R.:lovetongue:
You can add me to that list! But not for long! :lol:

Nice write up Bubber and some great pictures as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
As long as I always use the button, no fear of ROPS damage :)

Have you used the grapple to move the stuf out front of the garage door yet?:laugh: We are going to need a "What did you do with your Gapple today" thread.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
That reminds me of a helpful trick. When you are curling a load back that is prone to shifting in the bed, tap the diverter button repeatedly as you curl. What that does is continuously tighten up the hold on the load as it rotates back. At this point, I pretty much do it as a habit whenever grappling.
Yep. I discovered this technique last fall when removing a crapload of barberry bushes. All were amazed with how quickly and completely I cleared a huge area of the invasive barberry (which are havens for lime ticks by the way).

The Town has just now gone up the road and cut dozens of dead and dying ash trees due to the Emerald Ash Borer insects that have invaded the NorthEast. I have 7 mature ashes laying on the ground waiting for Spring and the Artillian Grabber with the new FANGS! I'm really sorry to lose the trees but at least I have another job for the green machine and Mr. Grabber.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts