Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a huge grapple project come up even before we had the diverter kit fully installed.
Turned out to be an EXCELLENT grapple project. I'm not sure how Johnny could have helped much without it!

Also, have some tips from a very experienced tree-cutter. Danny really knows what he is doing, and is good at communicating it to others!

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Fantastic video Tim :good2:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic video Tim :good2:
Thanks, Kenny. We thought this one turned out good too.

Hard to believe how much additional function this grapple provides, even for such a small tractor.

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Hard to believe how much additional function this grapple provides, even for such a small tractor.
Yes, absolutely. I've said it 1000 times, a grapple will change the way you work!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Great video. Only makes me want one even more. :cry:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Tim,

I like seeing you help out a neighbor by donating time & equipment to a person in need! I can really tell this was a fun job for you and your new grapple. Keep up the good work and videos, the Lord thanks you. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim,

I like seeing you help out a neighbor by donating time & equipment to a person in need! I can really tell this was a fun job for you and your new grapple. Keep up the good work and videos, the Lord thanks you. :bigthumb:
Yes, quite enjoyable. As mentioned, we met Danny through this project. We have now invited he and his family to our home for dinner tomorrow evening. Hopefully we've found a new long-term friend through our common interests.

...did I mention that Danny is in the software industry for his day job as well?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, quite enjoyable. As mentioned, we met Danny through this project. We have now invited he and his family to our home for dinner tomorrow evening. Hopefully we've found a new long-term friend through our common interests.

...did I mention that Danny is in the software industry for his day job as well?
Have not watched this video yet. Looking forward to it. But I found your last sentence interesting Tim. Are you in software development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Had a huge grapple project come up even before we had the diverter kit fully installed.
Turned out to be an EXCELLENT grapple project. I'm not sure how Johnny could have helped much without it!

Also, have some tips from a very experienced tree-cutter. Danny really knows what he is doing, and is good at communicating it to others!

You need to do more grapple work, those rakes still have too much black paint on them! :laugh::laugh:

I like my artillian grapple. Just pay attention to the locking keys, they don't always cooperate. Bummer about the neighbor complaining about the fire. That fire wasn't going to hurt anything and it's a great way to get rid of debris quickly without a lot of expense. Your environmental conditions looked like it was perfect to have a fire like that too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks for posting this video of helping out a neighbor. It was a reminder to me that I am a "steward" of my tractor, not the owner, so I'll be on the lookout for opportunities to serve as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great video, Tim and family. Makes me wish I were there with you.
Would be great if you could make the visit sometime. You definitely did a fabulous job on this grapple design. Thanks very much for your efforts!

Tim

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Great video Tim and your efforts and assistance were a very nice gesture. :good2:

I bet this video helps sell a bunch of Artillian grapples too.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting this video of helping out a neighbor. It was a reminder to me that I am a "steward" of my tractor, not the owner, so I'll be on the lookout for opportunities to serve as well. Thanks again!
You are exactly right. Folks have many issues and difficulties to deal with. We certainly can't solve many of them, but sometimes we can help with annoying ones like a messy backyard, or a drainage issue, or some other 'unimportant' issue. We can get that off of their minds so that they hopefully can begin to deal with the more important and serious issues of their lives.

Feels good to help, and like I said elsewhere, the tractor didn't seem to consume ANY diesel on that project. (I'm not kidding). I didn't have the tank totally full when I started (because my transfer tank was empty), and when finished with two afternoon's work, I could still see fuel above the fender portion of the tank. (1-series owners will know what I mean). It seemed the same level as when I started. You can draw your own conclusions on that one...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have not watched this video yet. Looking forward to it. But I found your last sentence interesting Tim. Are you in software development?
Yes, I am a software architect/developer. I currently write .Net / Angular web applications for a consulting company here in the Indy area. I loved it for the first 20-25 years.
I'm absolutely tired of it now. Desperately need to find something different to do.

Tim

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I enjoyed watching this video and tip my hat to you and the other guys that came to help a neighbor in need. It is a shame that the neighbor had to be an ass but there are folks like that everywhere. Great work with the grapple and tractor:good2:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Yes, I am a software architect/developer. I currently write .Net / Angular web applications for a consulting company here in the Indy area. I loved it for the first 20-25 years.
I'm absolutely tired of it now. Desperately need to find something different to do.

Tim
I hear ya!! I've been doing accounting systems / ERP since 1986. It was easy back then. Now the technology is getting too complex. I'm no longer saying "isn't this so cool?!". :nunu:

I'm still looking for someone that will pay me to just drive my tractor around. So far, no takers. I guess I have to keep working.

Back to topic -

GREAT video, Tim!! You were having too much fun!

And, also a tip of the hat to C-Range for that great SYSTEM design!! I sure hope that Curtis Industries still has you on payroll in the "Innovation Department". :good2: That would mean we'll still see cool stuff come along.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great video Tim! Certainly makes me want a grapple. I was the person that asked about your ballast on your video. I run a ballast box fun of concrete and flatten my tires out when I lifted a 4.5' length of 12" diameter pine. Not sure what I did wrong. You had the weight out a lot further with the grapple than I did hanging the log off chains on my bucket hooks. Could it be my turf tires?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts