Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you order the Rake-Grapple-Rake, can you add another top grapple to any of the two rakes at a later time? So eventually I would Grapple-Rake-Grapple.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Not ordered that way no. There are differences in the tops of the rakes vs the grapple sections and they don't sell parts to mod them.

What they do have is a lower grapple section for sale separately that can be used as a rake and another grapple lid ( also available separately) can be added later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not ordered that way no. There are differences in the tops of the rakes vs the grapple sections and they don't sell parts to mod them.

What they do have is a lower grapple section for sale separately that can be used as a rake and another grapple lid ( also available separately) can be added later.
Ok Thanks. I was afraid of that. Guess I will just stick with the Rake-Grapple-Rake should I choose artillian.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Ok Thanks. I was afraid of that. Guess I will just stick with the Rake-Grapple-Rake should I choose artillian.
For the ~$70 upcharge from rake to lower grapple I wish I would have bought this way.... I can already see that I want a Grapple-Rake-Grapple setup over my Rake-Grapple-Rake one :unknown:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the ~$70 upcharge from rake to lower grapple I wish I would have bought this way.... I can already see that I want a Grapple-Rake-Grapple setup over my Rake-Grapple-Rake one :unknown:
So why would you buy the Grapple-Rake-Grapple. What have you found using your current setup that makes you wish that? How do you like your grapple? I have been looking for someone that has a setup like I am looking at. I am leaning more on the Artillian setup due to the many uses over the other one I am looking at. I already have his frame. I am thinking that with the CTA grapple I would not be able to push material around such as leaves or small brush and not to mention I would not be able to perform back drags with the CTA.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
So why would you buy the Grapple-Rake-Grapple. What have you found using your current setup that makes you wish that? How do you like your grapple? I have been looking for someone that has a setup like I am looking at. I am leaning more on the Artillian setup due to the many uses over the other one I am looking at. I already have his frame. I am thinking that with the CTA grapple I would not be able to push material around such as leaves or small brush and not to mention I would not be able to perform back drags with the CTA.
As amazing and capable as the single lid is I can see where having one on each side of the frame would only be better. Having the grapple in the center is the best for weight and large objects if your primary use is brush and various size logs having the lids close on both sides of the frame I think having two would make brush handling and grabbing some logs from a pile even more efficient.

I have found with mine that having to grab from the center of the frame is sometimes more difficult than it might be if I could grab from the side, especially with brush. The faster I can pile up small bunches into a big one and the bigger pile I can grab at once to move it the faster I can clean up an area-If I could grab from the side instead of having to line up with the middle, and if I could grab a bigger end pile with two lids it would be a lot nicer.

On the flip side, the Rake-Grapple-Rake is an amazing tool and I can't imagine not having it. I have cleaned up and moved cords and cords of wood, huge piles of brush, rocks weighing ~1000#, etc. I have used the rakes as a backdrag to smooth out topsoil prior to final dressing and seeding, the list goes on... You will NOT regret getting it in any configuration you choose, but I'd strongly encourage you to spend a little more $ now so you can have the option to expand in the future.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have the rake grapple rake set up. I bought mine this way for two reasons, the overall weight and the cost. At the time I had a 2210 SCUT and this set up was the most cost/weight effective for me at the time given my budget constraints and tractor capabilities. I now have a 3025e and this set up still works well even though it's a bigger tractor. I probably would still go with the same set up if I had the 3025e to start with. There are a lot of variables to consider when thinking about a grapple. You need to think hard about whether you want a true 3rd function valve or a diverter valve set up like Artillian offers in addition to the grapple itself.

Whatever you combination decide on with, the Artillian grapple will work out. It is a really effective tool however you set it up. I use mine for everything from back dragging to picking logs out of my debris pile to burn up. I have probably picked 5 cords of down trees out of my woods with it as well so it is very versatile. I probably have close to 100 hours of use on mine over the past two years.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I will rotate the jaws and attack a small load like the vertically as opposed to scooping it. If I do it right it results in me getting a solid bite on small diameter logs like that. My problem is trying to get a good enough bite to pull logs from my debris pile. Sometimes they are pinched in there pretty good so when I just pull back I get nothing but bark! Definitely better than forks or nothing at all in situations like this. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts