Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aka The Claw. When my children were little we played a game called The Claw. It has continued with the grandchildren. So when I bought my Artillian Grapple, the name just came naturally. I first learned of grapples watching Tractor Time with Tim. I knew right away I needed one. I have lots of brush that needs to be cut back and hauled to the chipper. I have bunches of big logs, some solid and some rotting that need to go to various destinations. And then there is always the odd job or two.

The initial installation was done for me at the dealer while they were installing the backhoe for me. There were a few problems. A clearance for the fittings of 1/8” in the shop is plenty. Driving into heavy loads of wood or concrete out in the field, not so much. In the first couple of uses I sheared off several connections.

The folks at Artillian were very responsive and helpful. I reconfigured the connections from straight to a 90° setup, and it has worked well ever since. This thing is incredibly useful. I’ve hauled logs, brush, rocks, and these huge concrete pillars someone built years ago, but are only in the way these days. My grandsons, the oldest of whom is 10, are aching to drive this. I told them they’re going to have to wait a little longer.

4776B92B-7C17-4225-8124-7AF3730CD480.jpeg

43DCB82F-F4C5-446B-B307-5BD21B4544EB.jpeg

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I’m curious about the issues you said you had, what clearance of 1/8” was experienced and what was the issue? How did you change the clearance to better suit what activities harmed it previously?

I’ve had an Artillian grapple and their diverter with dual outputs and never had any issues with any of the system.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
:good2:

A man with excellent instincts in equipment.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're going to use the heck out of that grapple!! Have fun!!

Cool looking stone building in the background. What is it?
That is my neighbor's house. Everyone thinks my barn is his since they’re right next to one another. My slightly dilapidated stone house is across the road.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m curious about the issues you said you had, what clearance of 1/8” was experienced and what was the issue? How did you change the clearance to better suit what activities harmed it previously?

I’ve had an Artillian grapple and their diverter with dual outputs and never had any issues with any of the system.
The splitter had straight fittings and they came very close to the loader stand. When moving into a pile of heavy material, there was just enough flex to cause them to contact one another, and that broke a couple of fittings. I switched out parts and made them 90° and that solved the problem.

EF9A07BB-829C-4064-B3ED-0FD86D58605B.jpeg

6EC3A279-CB37-479B-980D-7041437291AF.jpeg

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The splitter had straight fittings and they came very close to the loader stand. When moving into a pile of heavy material, there was just enough flex to cause them to contact one another, and that broke a couple of fittings. I switched out parts and made them 90° and that solved the problem.

View attachment 698812

View attachment 698814
I see, literally. I guess that’s an issue with the combo of loader and tractor model you have-my Classic (Gen1) 2032r and H130 loader has no such issues. I hope Artillian took notice and is addressing the potential for damage in future kits for your specific combination of equipment.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, literally. I guess that’s an issue with the combo of loader and tractor model you have-my Classic (Gen1) 2032r and H130 loader has no such issues. I hope Artillian took notice and is addressing the potential for damage in future kits for your specific combination of equipment.
They are. They have these pictures and more. We had a number of phone conversations and a few emails as well. Apparently I am the second one to have this issue, so now they’re looking into it. I was very happy with their responsiveness.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
They are. They have these pictures and more. We had a number of phone conversations and a few emails as well. Apparently I am the second one to have this issue, so now they’re looking into it. I was very happy with their responsiveness.
Glad to see they received the constructive criticism in the spirit it was intended and are taking measures to better their products.

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
43DCB82F-F4C5-446B-B307-5BD21B4544EB.jpeg

When I first saw this pic my eyes went right to the stone barn and not the grapple.

Since your location only says "Pa" I am going to take a guess of either Bucks or Berks county. Lots of 1700's and 1800's barns like that in that area.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 698978

When I first saw this pic my eyes went right to the stone barn and not the grapple.

Since your location only says "Pa" I am going to take a guess of either Bucks or Berks county. Lots of 1700's and 1800's barns like that in that area.
Close and close. Lehigh Co, Berks Co address. We’re right across the line. And the stone building is my neighbor’s house. I have a post and beam wooden barn behind the camera in this picture that dates to the mid to late 1800s. My neighbor’s house was built in 1826 or something like that. There is a stone date plaque on the front. Our stone house was built between 1802 and 1826. It has a wooden date plaque, and it was changed in 1901. We had our deed researched a few years ago. It is written in English, German, and a little French, and goes back to when Lehigh was still part of Northampton Co.

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Close and close. Lehigh Co, Berks Co address. We’re right across the line. And the stone building is my neighbor’s house. I have a post and beam wooden barn behind the camera in this picture that dates to the mid to late 1800s. My neighbor’s house was built in 1826 or something like that. There is a stone date plaque on the front. Our stone house was built between 1802 and 1826. It has a wooden date plaque, and it was changed in 1901. We had our deed researched a few years ago. It is written in English, German, and a little French, and goes back to when Lehigh was still part of Northampton Co.
A lot of history in the area for sure. I loved seeing all the old stone buildings. Amazing how well they were built and how they have fared over a couple hundred years.

I lived in Berks county way back in my 20’s. Moved here to the mountains some 25+ years ago and never looked back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts