Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered forks for my 1025 R 2 weeks ago and heard nothing but an email last week saying I should have them in 10 days
I called today and now find out it could be 2 weeks more until they ship
I am pissed off beyond all belief,,I had a big project (like a $20,000 worth) sceduled next weekend
and now I wont have my forks,,,cant do the job without it,,I didnt realize 3 weeks wasnt enough!

worst part is THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO ME
I should cancel my order and take a little strain off off them:rocket:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I ordered forks for my 1025 R 2 weeks ago and heard nothing but an email last week saying I should have them in 10 days
I am pissed off beyond all belief,,I had a big project (like a $20,000 worth) sceduled next weekend
and now I wont have my forks,,,cant do the job without it,,I didnt realize 3 weeks wasnt enough!

This isn't cool at all, you have every right to be pissed considering all the hype about the forks you are spending dang good money on.

·
Premium Member
5,095 Posts
and now I wont have my forks,,,cant do the job without it,
,I didnt realize 3 weeks wasnt enough!

Niblet ~ Where are you in Washington? I have a set for my 1026R although I don't remember the length right of hand. They are not the longest ones. In looking at their site and I suspect I have the 36" x 3". I'm SW of Portland.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Niblet ~ Where are you in Washington? I have a set for my 1026R although I don't remember the length right of hand. They are not the longest ones. In looking at there site I suspect I have the 36" x 3". I'm SW of Portland.
Not exactly sure where your headed with this (I assume I know) but I can tell your a cool dude, this forum and the type of folks on it is rather impressing.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Check the Artillian forum, they posted about being behind schedule just a couple days ago.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
my titan forks arrived in 3 days...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Check the Artillian forum, they posted about being behind schedule just a couple days ago.
Niblet started the thread that Artillian posted on.

On the front page of their website, it does list that certain products have a longer lead time than normal. Not sure if that was up there when Nib placed his order.

If not, I would think an email should have gone out to all orders affected by the delay.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ordered forks and a bucket last week and got an email from them the same day saying they had some delays going on and it would be around April 11th but they'll let me know as the date gets closer. Thought that was fair warning. Figured this is their busy time so I ordered them long before I needed them.

:munch:

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
At this point, in your situation, it would be very hard for me not to cancel and get these.
If you ordered today you would probably get them this week.
Bonus: They're on sale today.

https://www.palletforks.com/tractor-attachments-527/john-deere-attachments/pallet-fork-attachments-for-john-deere/42-pallet-fork-attachment-with-2-trailer-receiver-hitch-for-john-deere-loader.html

They're on sale every day!! :laugh:

I'm a big fan of Artillian's stuff. I have the heavy duty fork frame, 42" forks, Front-Hoe and the diverter kit. Chris also sent me a prototype of the add-on receiver hitch. But I bought all this stuff back when Chris owned the company. While I'd still buy their stuff (actually considering ordering one of the "for your projects" frames), it seems like Curtis just doesn't consider the Artillian line an important part of their business. The apparent lack of communication is just horrible.

Hopefully Niblet and Marlin are geographically close enough that what it looks like Marlin may offer can happen. Even better would be if, under the circumstances, Artillian would step up to the plate and 2-Day Air the stuff he ordered out to him. If not, as much as I hate to say it, I think that Niblet's only alternative is to cancel the order and order the Titans.

I said in another thread that if Curtis doesn't care about the Artillian product line that they just need to keep doing what they're doing. Eventually the line will go away and they won't have to worry about it any more.

What say you, Artillian/Curtis???

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
At this point, in your situation, it would be very hard for me not to cancel and get these.
If you ordered today you would probably get them this week.
Bonus: They're on sale today.

https://www.palletforks.com/tractor-attachments-527/john-deere-attachments/pallet-fork-attachments-for-john-deere/42-pallet-fork-attachment-with-2-trailer-receiver-hitch-for-john-deere-loader.html
I often tell folks I received my forks in 3 days but the reality is I received my forks in 2 1/2 days. I ordered around 10pm I think on a Monday night and I unloaded them off the truck at noon Wednesday. The speed in shipping and delivery amazed me based on what I had ordered.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I ordered forks and a bucket last week and got an email from them the same day saying they had some delays going on and it would be around April 11th but they'll let me know as the date gets closer. Thought that was fair warning. Figured this is their busy time so I ordered them long before I needed them.

:munch:
Apparently Niblet ordered before this was an issue, since he didn't mention getting such a message? And if he had placed the order before it was an issue, and it was going to be affected by this delay, it seems they should have sent him a follow up email, at the very least. Maybe he needs to check his spam folder...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate the offer! I really do, but Portland is a 4+ hr drive one way,,,more where you live,,
I think the titans would work fine for me and they are 1/3rd the price!
Thanks for all the help,,anyone have a set for rent near Seattle?

A guy in England bought my entire collection of WWII era Jeeps and Jeep parts
A shipping container is showing up at my house soon and I need the forks to load it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Apparently Niblet ordered before this was an issue, since he didn't mention getting such a message? And if he had placed the order before it was an issue, and it was going to be affected by this delay, it seems they should have sent him a follow up email, at the very least. Maybe he needs to check his spam folder...
I looked,,nothing,,talked to Peter on the Phone an hr before I ordered and he said NOTHING about a delay
emailed him a week later,,said I would have them in 10 days
6 days later I call,,,(today) the other guy is now telling me 2 weeks before they ship,,,(add 10 days for shipping)
I chewed on his ear for a while and he made no effort to expedite shipping,,thats why I am upset

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I looked,,nothing,,talked to Peter on the Phone an hr before I ordered and he said NOTHING about a delay
6 days later I call,,,(today) the other guy is now telling me 2 weeks before they ship,,,(add 10 days for shipping)
I chewed on his ear for a while and he made no effort to expedite shipping,,thats why I am upset
I referred Titan to a local friend and they goofed up his order. He called and they expedited shipment and refunded a nice "sorry for your troubles" sum of money back to his credit card :dunno:

·
Registered
307 Posts
If they don't have them in stock all the chewing the world won't expedite shipping. I don't blame you for being upset though. They may have a had a recall or something. Don't know the particulars. They are not trying to delay your order. They just don't have them right now. Never good to schedule time sensitive work before everything is in place. Maybe time to switch to plan B.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I often tell folks I received my forks in 3 days but the reality is I received my forks in 2 1/2 days. I ordered around 10pm I think on a Monday night and I unloaded them off the truck at noon Wednesday. The speed in shipping and delivery amazed me based on what I had ordered.
I ordered my Titan forks on a Tuesday night and they were at the local Fedex depot on Friday. Fedex was supposed to deliver them on Monday but was delayed until Wednesday because they had to scare up a lift gate truck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If they don't have them in stock all the chewing the world won't expedite shipping. I don't blame you for being upset though. They may have a had a recall or something. Don't know the particulars. They are not trying to delay your order. They just don't have them right now. Never good to schedule time sensitive work before everything is in place. Maybe time to switch to plan B.
When I talked to Artillian on Friday, one for their suppliers was waiting on material from the mill. That's the hold up.

I'm in manufacturing and the lead-times for both steel and aluminum have really begun to stretch out, it's getting ugly.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I do notice that the folks who are saying they received theirs in 2-3 days seem to live one state away from a Titan distribution location. Niblet is much more than that, so I wonder if it's still applicable. Titan does have Washington in the "4 day delivery" on their map (https://www.palletforks.com/shipping-policy) so he may be able to get them in time if he goes that route.

Niblet, I hope it all works out for you, sounds like a very frustrating experience. If you go the Titan route, they do say on the page I linked:

What if I need my order sooner? We genuinely want you to be 100% satisfied with your products and the service you receive. If you need your order by a specific date please email us your address and requested shipping time and we will be more than willing to give you your shipping options and costs so you can make the best purchasing decision.​

1 - 20 of 71 Posts