Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2720 and am looking at the Artillian 3"x42" pallet forks to load a piece of equipment in my pickup bed plus some other uses. This piece of equipment has a wheel spacing of 28" on center. Can anyone who has these pallet forks confirm if the forks can be positioned on the Artillian frame to accommodate a 28" wheel spacing so that this piece of equipment can be rolled on to the forks and lifted?

I want to know if this will work before I make the purchase.

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,297 Posts
The Artillian fork frames are 47" wide and you can set the forks at any point within that which means that after you account of the 3" wide forks you can go up to 44" on centers. 28" is absolutely zero problem.

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any advantage to either the 2300 lb or 3000 lb pallet frame? I think either would work for my tractor but looking for any unseen advantages to either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Artillian fork frames are 47" wide and you can set the forks at any point within that which means that after you account of the 3" wide forks you can go up to 44" on centers. 28" is absolutely zero problem.
Jim, If I understand correctly the forks do not have to lock into the notches? And did you get the 3" forks and which frame 2300 or 3000? Would you make any changes after having them?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,297 Posts
Jim, If I understand correctly the forks do not have to lock into the notches? And did you get the 3" forks and which frame 2300 or 3000? Would you make any changes after having them?
Ideally you'd lock the forks into the notches in the frame but there is no absolute requirement to do that. You can place them anywhere along the frame. You just have to keep in mind that if you don't use the notches, you risk them moving on you.

I have the 2300 lb frame. The 3000 lb frame didn't exist when I bought mine.

On the smaller machines I don't think it makes much difference (you can't lift 2300 lbs anyway!) UNLESS you have a use for that 2" receiver box on the 3000 lb frame. I don't so it hasn't bothered mo not to have it. A lot of people like having it to move trailers around and such. That'd be the deciding factor for me.

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
I use the 2x2 receiver in my 3k frame frequently, so I'd recommend getting that one. Plus, WHEN you upgrade tractors you'll already have the heavier frame ;-)

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
There is only 18 pounds difference between the two frames.

rob

Reactions: jdrules

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, GREAT information!!!!!!! :good2::usa:greentractorride:

So this is on my 2020 1st qtr list:

3000# frame (take the 18# hit for versatility)
42x3 fork tines (Kennyd's thread mentions notches and 28" centers so don't think need full taper 4" and save 24#)
Back rest (order now save on shipping, maybe)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd most definitely agree on the back rest (guard) but if you have the ability to fab things don't be afraid to make your own. I got my forks at a much better price w/o the guard and made one for about $20 and 2 hours of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd most definitely agree on the back rest (guard) but if you have the ability to fab things don't be afraid to make your own. I got my forks at a much better price w/o the guard and made one for about $20 and 2 hours of time.
Hi Poppi,

Thanks for the information and pics, your setup it looks good. I wish I could fabricate but I can't. What size are your forks, curious for a visual aid.

Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
FWIW if you are going to be moving that 28" center frequently, you could always use an angle grinder and grind out some notches so you can lock the tines in exactly where you want them without fear of them shifting around. It's mild steel, no heat treatment on the frame so should cut easily.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Poppi,

Thanks for the information and pics, your setup it looks good. I wish I could fabricate but I can't. What size are your forks, curious for a visual aid.

Thank you!!!
I got the 42's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FWIW if you are going to be moving that 28" center frequently, you could always use an angle grinder and grind out some notches so you can lock the tines in exactly where you want them without fear of them shifting around. It's mild steel, no heat treatment on the frame so should cut easily.
Thanks Hammond!!! I do have a grinder.

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
It's mild steel, no heat treatment on the frame so should cut easily.
Artillian does not use A36 (mild) steel for the top and bottom rails, but yes a grinder will notch them.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Artillian does not use A36 (mild) steel for the top and bottom rails, but yes a grinder will notch them.
I stand corrected, thanks Ken!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts