Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I got my Artillian Pallet Forks / 2" receiver Adpt & my Heavy Hitch they look great eh! :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Great stuff isn't it? Congrats on the new versatility you have acquired :good2:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I like the adjustable front forks.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Nice! Where did you buy the weights from and how much lbs are each one?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Where did you buy the weights from and how much lbs are each one?
I got 16 - 42lb suitcase weights at my local JD Dealer when I bought my tractor. I only have 8 on the heavy hitch now but I can put all 16 on if I need too eh! Next thing I need to do is load my tires got the stuff to do just have to find time to get r dun eh.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I got 16 - 42lb suitcase weights at my local JD Dealer when I bought my tractor. I only have 8 on the heavy hitch now but I can put all 16 on if I need too eh! Next thing I need to do is load my tires got the stuff to do just have to find time to get r dun eh.
I love the heavy hitch combo but gad, the price of those weights... By the time I get this 1 series dressed I'm stepping on 3 series dollars.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I love the heavy hitch combo but gad, the price of those weights... By the time I get this 1 series dressed I'm stepping on 3 series dollars.
Only naked 3 series $ though, get one of them dressed and your into 4 or 5 series $!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
But once you have the weights they really dont loose there value eh
I think I have about 6-7 sets of cast wheel weights i have aquired through the years too

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Only naked 3 series $ though, get one of them dressed and your into 4 or 5 series $!!!!!

You got that right. These things make a gun hobby look cheap.

But once you have the weights they really dont loose there value eh
I think I have about 6-7 sets of cast wheel weights i have aquired through the years too
I noticed that. What few I found used were still expensive and if you search out of area and find cheap then shipping kills you. I have a backhoe for my counterbalance but your set up is much more compact and easy to rapid change.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You got that right. These things make a gun hobby look cheap.

I noticed that. What few I found used were still expensive and if you search out of area and find cheap then shipping kills you. I have a backhoe for my counterbalance but your set up is much more compact and easy to rapid change.

If you are looking for a cheap place to get 42lb suitcase weights go to Lowes or Home Depot. You can order them there and have them shipped to the store for free. The last time I bought them they were around $46 a piece. I believe that is much cheaper than the dealer and if you can find them used. The sales guy probably won't know they offer them and you will have to show them in the catalog in the lawn and garden section. They will also have no idea what you would use them for...:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very nice, Artillian makes some of highest quality equipment available .

We use our pallet forks to lift Christmas decorations into our storage area in our barn.

We also use the forks to offload pellets for our stove.

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Old weights hold value

The yellow weights in the picture below are roughly 30 years old. I bought them used in 1987. When I got my new tractor, I painted them yellow. (They needed painting anyway.) There's not a lot of difference between those and the new ones on the rack (green).

Since then, I bought 4 more new ones. I mentioned the Lowe's price to my dealer and he said he could match it, no problem. So I got them right away and helped my dealer who has treated me pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you are looking for a cheap place to get 42lb suitcase weights go to Lowes or Home Depot. You can order them there and have them shipped to the store for free. The last time I bought them they were around $46 a piece. I believe that is much cheaper than the dealer and if you can find them used. The sales guy probably won't know they offer them and you will have to show them in the catalog in the lawn and garden section. They will also have no idea what you would use them for...:laugh::laugh:
I check price at Lowes and Home Depot when I got mine and they were $64 ea at the dealer I got them for $53.89 ea

Reactions: Levi and rtgt

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I check price at Lowes and Home Depot when I got mine and they were $64 ea at the dealer I got them for $53.89 ea
I should check Lowe's I didn't know they sold them. As a Disabled Vet I get a 10% discount there.

EDIT: Checking online they show them at $64 each at both Lowe's and Home Depot now. They must have updated their prices now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
chester7 , thanks for the pics. Looking good. Exactly what I would like to do with my 1025R, for rear ballast. Using a 60" box blade at present, but would like to be a bit more compact. Nice looking machine you have there. :bigthumb:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
This week I got my Artillian Pallet Forks / 2" receiver Adpt & my Heavy Hitch they look great eh! :thumbup1gif:
Hopefully the weather will warm up enough to be able to use your forks soon!

Suitcase weights seem costly being just dead weight, but they are versatile because you can mount them in various places and they make it easy to add/remove ballast for a given task. They really shine when you have multiple tractors around.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
VERY nice Chester7. :thumbup1gif:
Is your better half still talking to ya?:lol:

Reactions: Levi
1 - 20 of 50 Posts