Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you need the actual fork frame with forks or if you can just buy the heavy duty frame without and have the plow setup?

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
The plow adapter will work on any of his frames.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
You can buy the frame only.

There are two. One is $599 and the HD is $659 plus shipping.

They are listed on the website.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just bought the complete setup for the 54" plow. I personally think you would be making a big mistake not buying the forks along with the frame. There is a discount when you buy the setup and you are also reducing shipping cost vs. buying them later on. You will want them. The forks are far more useful than the bucket for everything except for dirt, sand, gravel and small rocks. I have already used them a lot. Best attachment purchase so far.

JD

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
IMO, Buy the tines also.
You will be able to move the plow around later with them. Not to mention the FEL bucket cause it won't be on the tractor. :lol:

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Yep.
You are going this far, buy the tines.
Forks are a super valuable tool to have. Worth the investment.

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
I saw the frame for 339 on the site??
The only item on his entire site that is $339 is a set of the 42" long, 4" fork tines (i.e. bare forks with no frame).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go on the site and click on jdqa expansion frames. Ins on the left a bit down from the top. They're just the frame.

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Go on the site and click on jdqa expansion frames. Ins on the left a bit down from the top. They're just the frame.

That's a base frame. It isn't pallet fork frame so no, that won't work. The base frame is meant for situations where, for example, you have a loader bucket with a skidsteer QuickAttach. You can weld the JDQA base frame on and make it compatible with a JDQA loader. Or you could use it as a base to build your own attachment.

You need a pallet fork frame.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I believe you are talking about this
For Your JDQA Projects

This it just the base. you need the entire frame for the plow adapters

·
Registered
498 Posts
That's a base frame. It isn't pallet fork frame so no, that won't work. The base frame is meant for situations where, for example, you have a loader bucket with a skidsteer QuickAttach. You can weld the JDQA base frame on and make it compatible with a JDQA loader. Or you could use it as a base to build your own attachment.

You need a pallet fork frame.
Doh... beat me by a hair :mocking:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm sure I can attach the adapter for the quick hitch to that base frame via my own brackets. I really don't need forks and for the price, I can buy the everything attachments plow that's 60". All I need is a base frame because I'll weld brackets to attach it. That will be all its used for is just the plow anyway, I'll weld/adapt what I need to make the artillian mounting plate fasten to the base frame. After all, that's what it's for right lol, jd projects!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts