Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a brief announcement. We are currently working on a new pallet fork frame design for those with SSQA loaders. Materials are already on order. I expect availability within a couple of months, hopefully sooner.

As usual, light weight and high strength is first priority. The design for these frames is shaping up to be about 10 lbs heavier than our JDQA equivalents, but this is still not firm.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I'm no expert on SSQA (or much of anything else for that matter!), but...

On one of the "other tractor boards" that I sometimes frequent it seems like there's some variation in the "standards" that apply to SSQA frames. Someone will buy an SSQA attachment (generally a grapple) and then complain that it didn't fit and the had to modify it. Then someone else will pipe up and say that not all SSQA's are the same and you have to expect to modify the attachment. I don't know how much truth there is to all this, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Knowing you, you've already looked into this and figured out a way to engineer in some sort of adjustment to make sure that yours will fit on anything!! :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On one of the "other tractor boards" that I sometimes frequent it seems like there's some variation in the "standards" that apply to SSQA frames. Someone will buy an SSQA attachment (generally a grapple) and then complain that it didn't fit and the had to modify it. Then someone else will pipe up and say that not all SSQA's are the same and you have to expect to modify the attachment. I don't know how much truth there is to all this, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Knowing you, you've already looked into this and figured out a way to engineer in some sort of adjustment to make sure that yours will fit on anything!! :thumbup1gif:
It's going back a little while, and I could be wrong, but I believe this was mostly an issue with older machinery. We'll be designing to the standard.

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
:yahoo: :good2:

Chris, please let me know when the SSQA is available.

I will let "Santa" know that the SSQA adapter for my loader is a high priority now!
Oh yeah, and the third function hydro port.....
Might as well get the stuff to adapt my pin on bucket to SSQA as well.....

:gizmo:

Did I forget to mention :yahoo:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:yahoo: :good2:

Chris, please let me know when the SSQA is available.

I will let "Santa" know that the SSQA adapter for my loader is a high priority now!
Oh yeah, and the third function hydro port.....
Might as well get the stuff to adapt my pin on bucket to SSQA as well.....

:gizmo:

Did I forget to mention :yahoo:
RTGT,

I was sort of figuring that you would end up with frame serial number 0000-00-000000-00000000-0-0000000-00001

:laugh:

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts

It's going back a little while, and I could be wrong, but I believe this was mostly an issue with older machinery. We'll be designing to the standard.
I've read a bunch of those posts also, mostly on TBN. As I recall 99% of them was about one partlicular attachment company who I won't name.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I've read a bunch of those posts also, mostly on TBN. As I recall 99% of them was about one partlicular attachment company who I won't name.
Buy crap, be surprised when it doesn't fit right...:laugh:

"Oh, you just have to whack it with a hammer." Funny how people will accept that as fact dealing with some attachment company, but what if Deere said you had to whack brand new starters with a hammer to start the tractor? Saves ya $20 though! :lol: :lol:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Buy crap, be surprised when it doesn't fit right...:laugh:

"Oh, you just have to whack it with a hammer." Funny how people will accept that as fact dealing with some attachment company, but what if Deere said you had to whack brand new starters with a hammer to start the tractor? Saves ya $20 though! :lol: :lol:
Some people would still buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
RTGT,

I was sort of figuring that you would end up with frame serial number 0000-00-000000-00000000-0-0000000-00001

:laugh:

:thumbup1gif:

Just let me know when to send you the :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
The Home Financial Officer has approved the requisition. :good2:

I just ordered the SSQA adapter for my loader...:yahoo:

Frame and Forks to follow. :munch:

Budget committee is planning funds for the 3rd function and grapple.

:yahoo: :kidw_truck_smiley: :yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
The Home Financial Officer has approved the requisition. :good2:

I just ordered the SSQA adapter for my loader...:yahoo:

Frame and Forks to follow. :munch:

Budget committee is planning funds for the 3rd function and grapple.

:yahoo: :kidw_truck_smiley: :yahoo:
I need a new HFO, Just Sayin!:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
Can I torture test them on the front of our T-750?...We may have destroyed a couple sets of forks in the past...:knownothing:
Not so fast there buddy! There is a line here. :nunu:

You can do whatever you want to set #2! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
The dealer just called and my SSQA adapter is here. :yahoo:

:munch:

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The dealer just called and my SSQA adapter is here. :yahoo:

:munch:
Just curious as to what you guys are calling SSQA.
Is that the hook up that has a long knife edge that goes up into a seat. Then you have the two handles on either side that lift up and down to lock attachment on?

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
Just curious as to what you guys are calling SSQA.
Is that the hook up that has a long knife edge that goes up into a seat. Then you have the two handles on either side that lift up and down to lock attachment on?
Yes, correct. Skid Steer Quick Attach is what the abbreviation stands for, also known as "Bobtach".

graphics_bob_tach.jpg

JDQA is John Deere Quick Attach (pic from the Artillian website):
artillian_quick_attach_pallet_fork_set_john_deere_jdqa.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
And here it is...

Now just waiting on something to attach it to...:munch:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
It's pink? :unknown:

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
And here it is...

Now just waiting on something to attach it to...:munch:
Where the heck is that green paint? :lol:

While your waiting for the forks (and paint) you can spend your money on the hydraulics for the grapple your going to buy also :mocking:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts