Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my dealer install my diverter kit and soon (I hope) I’ll be taking my plow off and putting the bucket back on. I did a search but didn’t find the answer I was looking for.

When disconnecting the plow angle hydraulic hoses do you need to have the key in the on position to relieve the hydraulic pressure while you hold the button and work the SCV to relieve the pressure on the plow hoses?

When disconnecting the loader I just shut the tractor off and then worked the joy stick in all directions to relieve the pressure.

·
Super Moderator
4,838 Posts
When disconnecting the plow angle hydraulic hoses do you need to have the key in the on position to relieve the hydraulic pressure while you hold the button and work the SCV to relieve the pressure on the plow hoses?
That depends on how they wire the diverter switch in. If they tap a power source that is only hot when they key is on the "On" position then, yes, you'd have to be in the "On" position to activate the switch and relieve pressure. If they tap off a wire that is always hot then it won't make any difference.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
JimR is 100% correct! :good2:

If you don't know how they wired it, push the button a few times with the key off. If you can hear the solenoids on the diverter click, then it's always "hot". If you don't hear the click, turn on the key and try it again. The click is pretty faint, but you should definitely hear it when you push the button.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JimR is 100% correct! :good2:

If you don't know how they wired it, push the button a few times with the key off. If you can hear the solenoids on the diverter click, then it's always "hot". If you don't hear the click, turn on the key and try it again. The click is pretty faint, but you should definitely hear it when you push the button.
Might have to bring my wife out and use her ears. With the cab and my lousy hearing I don’t want to just think I may have heard something. If there is a click I’m confident she will hear it.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Might have to bring my wife out and use her ears. With the cab and my lousy hearing I don’t want to just think I may have heard something. If there is a click I’m confident she will hear it.
Are you trying to say women hear everything, even when they should'nt ? :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
4,838 Posts
You could just ask the dealer how they wired it in when you pick it up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could just ask the dealer how they wired it in when you pick it up.
Your right, but if someone asked me to recall something specific that I did over four months ago back in my working days I may not remember. Heck, the way things are now I have trouble remembering what I went to the kitchen for. Well as long as I’m there might just as well have a snack. Maybe that’s what I went for!:unknown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts