Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you leave the pallet forks on and still attach a grapple in the middle section for a single grab setup? 36” forks is what I’m thinking. Or do you have to get the side rake pieces?

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
The basic grapple comes with one rake attached from the factory. The side rakes aren't required. They are optional. I suspect what you mean is to use the forks in place of teh side rakes. I suppose you could remove one fork, slide the grapple on and then put the fork back on again and that would work. It may have some limitations as far as picking thing s up from directly above though. The forks extend out farther than the rakes do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’m thinking more for demolition of old out buildings but you are correct. So if you order only a grapple section a free side comes with? Say you had the fork setup already and then ordered only the grapple section to add to it.

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Yes, it's possible, I've done it to show someone here on GTT before the grapple sit's much higher than the forks, so I'm not sure how effective either would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to see, doesn’t look like an effective setup.
No, it is not.

If you want it for demo just order the grapple or get a double lid set up. I have the grapple and two rakes. I currently do not mount my rakes because the locking keys departed this life and the side rakes became a PIA without them. Just using the grapple works fine. I think you do lose a little bit of functionality if you are trying to do any raking of debris because instead of 40+ inches of rake you just have one section of rake mounted on the grapple so it's quite narrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts