Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this past year i picked up my 1025r, in the process I got a storage shed built on my property. The shed is a 12'X24' with a partial loft for extra storage above. I wanted to build my own storage utility car like the following guy did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DQt0DAtRqI

I like the idea so everything will fit inside the shed and be protected but I see complications, such as the wife blocking the cart so I can't reach an attachment when I want to (hopefully she won't read this, figured I could blame her for something every so often :hide:).

I guess I have a second problem now though, I recently found out that my grandfather left a 1949 Case tractor to me and my brother, not sure the model. I believe my brother told me it had a bush-hog, box blade, and a post hole digger that came with it. My brother said you can take it because he can't do anything with it, he lives downtown Atlanta. Between my attachments that are outside, this tractor and attachments, and a few assorted car parts I figure I will build something like a loafing shed behind/next to my current storage shed. At this moment I see this "shed"/covered area being around 12'X(24'-36') and about 10 feet on one side and 8 feet on the other. The shed will be in the southeast region of the country so in the years it does snow we see maybe 4-6" before the next day it melts away. Think the longest it has stuck on the ground was 3 days. I have not looked at the local building codes to see if this would be a problem.

I have been looking around at how to build a shed but the main concern at this moment is putting the post in the ground. Most people seem to dig a hole put the post in it and then fill it in with the dug out dirt or load it with some type of quickcrete and add water. Some of the the other things I have seen are perma-column and oz-post, not sure which one is better for buildings but the oz-post is cheaper. I do like the fact that the post could be replaced with the later two options and termites do exist in the area so giving them something to eat really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy either. Here are the links:

OZ-Postâ„¢ / OZ-Deckâ„¢

https://permacolumn.com/

I won't be home to take any pictures until after Christmas but just surfing for ideas. The ideas I have is basically is a few poles with a leaning roof on top, no sides. At this point figure either a metal or maybe a plastic that lets light through for the roof. One thing I don't have is the height of the tractor which will make a big difference.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
scoobysmak; funny u get on here and show a link to that video, cause I just watched that video the other day. I think a cart like that would be very usefull to keep all the equipment inside. I say-go for it-build one. big jim

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I have been looking around at how to build a shed but the main concern at this moment is putting the post in the ground. Most people seem to dig a hole put the post in it and then fill it in with the dug out dirt or load it with some type of quickcrete and add water. Some of the the other things I have seen are perma-column and oz-post, not sure which one is better for buildings but the oz-post is cheaper. I do like the fact that the post could be replaced with the later two options and termites do exist in the area so giving them something to eat really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy either.
I had the same concerns as you with the posts. So, I got these post protectors on my posts. I really like how they work. Cheaper than the perma-column (only ~$40 per post).

Post Protector

Here is a video of my shed being built. You can see the post protectors as they are being installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts