Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I posted on here about a family member having strokes. It has been a time of learning for my entire family. Never assisted a person with recovery after strokes. It requires lots of patience and understanding and love.
Probably should have typed the previous sentence in large, bold letters to really stress the importance of all three.

My family member was recently admitted to the hospital again, but for different reasons. I won't elaborate on some details.
We knew surgery was needed and had thought it would be completed last year. That didn't happen due to a cancer scare.
Later the report was given that no cancer was found after a number of tests.

We were initially told that they could come home today. Just got news that surgery must be done tomorrow. Additional surgeries are planned at a later date.

For privacy reasons and out of respect, I can't elaborate on some details. Just praying and hoping that no cancer was found in the recent biopsy and that all goes well during and after the surgeries.

This has been a rocky ride. Been spending days and nights at the hospital.

Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I hope everything goes well. if you feel like talking about the case, I might be able to help you a little with explanations. I made my living in research that was in the general surgical field.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Prayers sent.

Cancer, strokes and other serious illness can be a trying time for the entire family. Just "being there' goes a long way, and by your description, you and your family have done that. Good Luck and I hope the tests results come back negative and the patient makes a speedy recovery.

Keep us informed as much as you are able.

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
I hope your family member does well in the surgery and makes a speedy recovery.

Sent from my phone from the "office"

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hope all goes well and tests are all negative

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update.

Thanks so much for the prayers. Not freaking out, but just got more news that I was suspecting. Not that I was expecting bad news. Just had indications before from the staff that info was being held back for a little while. The latest biopsy did reveal cancer. It's kind of gruesome so I'll spare y'all. At least the cancer is said to have been caught in the early stages.
Right now the doc doesn't think chemo is needed. Maybe a small amount of radiation. At least that's the thinking at this point.

Thanks again for your prayers.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'm glad they say they caught in early. I am sorry you and your family have to go through any of this. Prayers for the family to have strength, and the doctors to have wisdom.

Keep us posted as you can. And, like many others here, if you want to "talk", I too am just a PM away.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Usually it's a good sign if the catch it early enough. Thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Bob

·
Premium Member
14,715 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
These are difficult times and require an unprecedented amount of strength. You have the prayers of my family. And God be with you and your family. Best wishes.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It is touching to read your kind words of support and prayer.

My family member had a little bit of a set back today. After getting help with a shower they were on the way back to the bed and fell. They hit the floor face first which knocked them out cold. A brain scan and MRI was later done. Thankfully no broken bones were found and no recent strokes occurred. The doc thinks it was blood pressure that caused the fall. That and the liquid diet and all the stress in addition to lack of sleep. There are some noticeable bruises left.

The surgeries are going to be done at another hospital. So, a transfer will be done hopefully tomorrow. If the fall hadn't occurred today we could've had them transferred already. All the discussions myself and other family members have had with doctors, nurses, techs, and other hospital staff can be tiresome at times.

I'll update as I can. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
Our prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Praying for you and your family.

·
Registered
383 Posts
After getting help with a shower they were on the way back to the bed and fell. They hit the floor face first which knocked them out cold.
He fell in the hospital while an aide was helping him? What is going on there? It might be very wise to find another hospital and get the report about the fall and take some pictures of the bruises.
Once everything is OK and under control you might want to talk to an attorney about this. You can do this at a later date, when it does not upset you talkng about the entire situation, just get the documentation now.

I hope everything goes well and your life will get normal, soon!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I sincerely hope they get better quickly and swiftly.

But, accidents happen, usually quite fast. Jumping right to the attorney card is one of the things that's wrong with this country IMO. If it was caused by neglect or on purpose that's one thing, but it was probably an accident. Only those dealing directly with the hospital staff can get a feel for that.

Doctors already charge too much and most lawyers are just thieves with a degree.

Jim

1 - 20 of 51 Posts