Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off and on, I've experienced problems trying to plug in my hydraulic lines under the right side of the floor platform of my 1026R. Today, I was hooking up the lines to my snowblower and I could not get the black line to seat and lock into place. I had already released the line pressure, but still, I couldn't get the black line to plug in. After some considerable time pasted trying to plug in the line, I finally discovered the problem. The end of the black plastic loop, that holds the dust cap on the hose, was behind the slip sleeve coupler. It was blocking the coupler from sliding ALL the way back, so the sleeve would catch the hose tip and lock it into place. This may have been already discovered and discussed. I hope this helps others so they don't have the same frustration.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Thanks BarryNWa. :thumbup1gif:

I have to say I have never used dust/dirt caps. Probably never will.
MIne hang loose. I should say that I don't use them either, to cut down on the fodder from some friends.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Those silicone caps are probably worse than pointless. I think they actually GET more dirt on the line connectors than if you didn't use them. If you get even the tiniest bit of hydraulic fluid on them, they're so slippery that they don't stay on the hose connector. Or...if the hoses are connected, the caps won't stay connected to each other. In either case, they just dangle and collect a lot of dirt that you can transfer to the hose connector.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those silicone caps are probably worse than pointless. I think they actually GET more dirt on the line connectors than if you didn't use them. If you get even the tiniest bit of hydraulic fluid on them, they're so slippery that they don't stay on the hose connector. Or...if the hoses are connected, the caps won't stay connected to each other. In either case, they just dangle and collect a lot of dirt that you can transfer to the hose connector.
Your spot on Mac with how poorly these caps function. I keep mine clean and do use them to keep dirt and such off and out of my couplers. It's unfortunate John Deere doesn't make a better quality cap that works.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I will take a picture and post it here later. I ended up buying a set of caps that were the older version the guys said JD use to use. Guys raved about them here. The colors were slightly different but you could just make sure they matched the right way. They work very well. If they ever stop functioning well, I will use Kenny’s. Just found photo

4B9ED53B-7010-4371-AD55-DC13B73DBF07.jpeg

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
I will take a picture and post it here later. I ended up buying a set of caps that were the older version the guys said JD use to use. Guys raved about them here. The colors were slightly different but you could just make sure they matched the right way. They work very well. If they ever stop functioning well, I will use Kenny’s. Just found photo

View attachment 708554
Yes - that is what my tractor has. I take my loader off and on every week during the mowing season and they are still fine. That’s an estimated 204 times at least.

It drives my nuts to see those new style plugs dangling below the valve. Even pics in a showroom like that. They are just begging to be ripped off in the woods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts