Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten many great ideas from reading postings and thought I would share how I store my attachments. My garage is 16 x 24 with 12 foot ceilings. I installed 4 inch I-beams with trolleys and chain hoists to lift things up and move "stuff" around. Everything is on wheels and rollers so I can move things around and get equipment out when I need to use it. Most of the stands I built. I used hardware from harbor freight, menards, homedepot, fleet &farm, you get the idea - I cannibalized what I had to build the various carriers.

I hope you will find some of what I put together useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Looks good!

Im still looking at different things for ideas. Unfortunately, Ive got 8' walls in my garage, and that really stinks for storage, and getting the tractor in and out since I have to fold the ROPS.
Ive seen lots of guys use those scaffold sections too, I guess because they can be rolled around.
What I prefer is the pallet racking, but I cant seem to find a decent (read: cheap) price on them. Ive found used, but they are usually pretty rusty if the price is right, and for the price I see most often, I can get new, though less heavy duty (but still more capacity than I need) at Menards.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya - I bit the bullet and got some racks from Menards too for the rest of the shop. I looked for pallet racking like you did but I came up with the same result as you did.

I added a picture of actually using my backhoe to plant trees at one of my daughter's house.

I too have to drop the roll bar as my garage door is too short and it too has a few dings where I forgot about it going in. I am wrestling with how to shorten (cheaply and easily) the roll bar. The family didn't bite when I suggested a nice new tall garage for Father's Day!

Here's the rest of the garage. Sorry about a couple of the sideways pictures - the darn thing doesn't seem to like rotated pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
I like that hanging boat. I had a passing thought of asking my builder to include hoists to lift and bottom paint mine. Then I thought about the price. I'll order stands.

That racking system looks great. Good use of center of gravity on those forks.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm about a month out for my guy to start building.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I like that hanging boat.

If boats were meant to be in the air,,, they would have WINGS!! :dunno:

:laugh:

Looks great,, I love my upstairs shed storage,, I would be lost without it,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Looks good!

Im still looking at different things for ideas. Unfortunately, Ive got 8' walls in my garage, and that really stinks for storage, and getting the tractor in and out since I have to fold the ROPS.
Ive seen lots of guys use those scaffold sections too, I guess because they can be rolled around.
What I prefer is the pallet racking, but I cant seem to find a decent (read: cheap) price on them. Ive found used, but they are usually pretty rusty if the price is right, and for the price I see most often, I can get new, though less heavy duty (but still more capacity than I need) at Menards.
Jim,
Are you in central Indiana? If so, I can point you to the pallet racking "recycling" place I used. They have a HUGE selection of used racking.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Jim,
Are you in central Indiana? If so, I can point you to the pallet racking "recycling" place I used. They have a HUGE selection of used racking.
Thanks! That would be great.
Im close, up in Kokomo.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Thanks! That would be great.
Im close, up in Kokomo.
East side of Indy.

Here is a craigslist ad. He has had the same photos on Craigslist since before I bought mine (3 yrs).
Used Pallet Racking

Bruce 317 379 2500

He has all shapes and sizes. measure your space before you go. This group is used to working with larger customers, but they were happy to work with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts