Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an JD 3038e I bought new last year, really enjoying it, and it came with FEL, Backhoe, and I bought a bush hog, a 3pt boom, a grapple, and Danuser auger.
I have some hilly land, woods, pasture, etc.
Question is what implement should I buy next that would be the most useful?
You can't have too many attachments, and I have a lot of different things to do, but need ideas that would be handy.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
I don't see a box blade or pallet forks listed.

·
Registered
12,553 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
It depends on what you are wanting to do with the land. Each time you want to do something, go out and find the right attachment for the job. That will take care of you until the next job.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
definatly pallet forks they are very handy for alot of things i use mine all the time the rest depends on what you are planning on doing box blades are very handy also if you plan on leveling land or have a gravel drive way

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I agree with pallet forks and box blade. Carry all setup to carry all the things you need for a project

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, and interesting.
The driveway is asphalt, but I am planning on fixing up a road through the woods. I started on that last Fall. Problem is an old road is there but on a pretty steep incline.
I have a fairly level starting point I made.
Interesting about pallet forks. I don't see a need for moving pallets around...maybe that's a thought. So far I just attach stuff as needed.
Yesterday I dug up some pretty large tree stumps but hauled them away in bucket...tricky but worked ok.
I'm thinking best bang for the buck. Box blade would be handy once I make a road through woods.
Then I'm wondering how handy or much I'd use a rake or rear blade?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks, and interesting.
The driveway is asphalt, but I am planning on fixing up a road through the woods. I started on that last Fall. Problem is an old road is there but on a pretty steep incline.
I have a fairly level starting point I made.
Interesting about pallet forks. I don't see a need for moving pallets around...maybe that's a thought. So far I just attach stuff as needed.
Yesterday I dug up some pretty large tree stumps but hauled them away in bucket...tricky but worked ok.
I'm thinking best bang for the buck. Box blade would be handy once I make a road through woods.
Then I'm wondering how handy or much I'd use a rake or rear blade?

Not sure about others but I seem to use my pallet forks for just about everything but moving pallets.I have a short set of forks that I use for making trenches, digging up stumps, removing roots. Also, have a work platform that I use for cleaning out gutters I use the longer forks for that and also after the stump is dug out use them to carry the sump to the burn pile. Did I say burn pile they work great for making a burn pile, they can haul or carry a lot of brush when cleaning up fallen tree limbs. I end up using the forks more than the bucket.

Doug

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great food for thought.
I had to get up into a tree yesterday so I just strapped an extension ladder into bucket and raised in up high as it would go. Pallet forks may be better.
The grapple I have works great but I almost never use it, it takes too long to connect it up. Attachments I'm trying to figure out what I'd use a lot.

·
Registered
650 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts