Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and Merry and Safe Christmas. New here, just bought a 2305 and need some advice on implements from a box blade to a finish mower on what this machine will handle in terms of weight and size. All comments and advice thanked.

JBL

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hello all and Merry and Safe Christmas. New here, just bought a 2305 and need some advice on implements from a box blade to a finish mower on what this machine will handle in terms of weight and size. All comments and advice thanked.

JBL
I don't see why you couldn't handle a 72" finish mower with no problems.
Welcome to the board, you'll love it here, plenty of info to be garnered and good folks sharing it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,816 Posts
Hi, JBL.
Welcome to GTT.

Wish I could help, but I lack information when it come to these newer SCUT's. Hopefully, someone will stop in to help.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
Here is what I can tell you from experience with my 2305..

60" rear mount finish mower, plus 3 front 42# front weights. The tractor will have enough power for up to 8" grass at a full cut (with slow ground speed).

48" box blade. No problem with gravel or tillable dirt. For light work you can use a 54" or even a 60", but to pull a full box, stick to the 48.

60" rear blade. I used mind to grade a gravel drive. At full angle the 60" will cover the tire tracks. Unless it is designed as a limited cat 1 you will not be able to lift it very high and can be an issue going over uneven terrain, but for the drive it will work fine.

48" rotary cutter for heavy grass only and I would recommend a good slip clutch to protect your PTO.

·
Registered
967 Posts
As far as a Box Blade goes.... After Lots of research on the subject.... It kind of boils down to the soil your going to work and the capabilities of your tractor. Here it's "Full" of roots and rocks.... I opted for the 48" behind the 26R. If I opted for anything bigger I was concerned about the tractor bogging more than a bigger blade was worth. I wanted to do work and not work to do it.

Reactions: farmgirl19 and rtgt

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
Welcome to GTT Buck Long.
What does a 2305 look like? (Hint, picture) :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 4 ft. box blade I use on mine, don't use a finish mower since I have 62" MMM.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Good luck with your 2305 I love my 2305. I would get the 4' box blade the one I have is BB1048 and works great with the tractor. I have the 54" mower deck cause I have a lot of trees.
When using your loader I would get a weight box for some counter balance or use the box blade at the very least. I would put the imatch on your list also.

Doug

Attachments

Reactions: RandyM and BigJim55

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,283 Posts
:wgtt: Not to disagree with anybody but when I bought my 2210 I bought a 5 foot box blade with it. Never had any problems with the operations of it leveling or moving land. Meaning dirt, rocks, whatever. I dug up ground, moved gravel, dirt and rocks. So I did move a lot of weight. Still use it with my 1026. Still don't have any problems except for one thing. It's heavy to move by hand so I try not to. My 5 foot tiller is even heavier. So for that reason I would get nothing bigger then a 4 foot piece of equipment. But the tractor can and will handle it. :hi:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a 4 ft. boxblade for my 1025r it works great for the driveway but will stop the tractor dead in its tracks in heavier soil.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 14 of 14 Posts