Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have a diy mount for a 25 gal atv sprayer on the back of there GT. Looking to add one on my x475 without a 3point

I have a few ideas but was looking for more before I tackle this. Height was my biggest concern with having a boom style sprayer

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know you said NOT for the three point but I figured I would post up my BXpanded three point sprayer to show tor back to illustrate that you could either fabricate your own receiver hitch mount and mount it to a receiver hitch or modify the BXpanded one.

You could make an L shaped bracket to raise it up to the recommended 19" spray height for example.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Here's the one I made. Its a simple 2 inch receiver mount with 2 spray tips that cover about 6 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's the one I made. Its a simple 2 inch receiver mount with 2 spray tips that cover about 6 feet.
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. How did you go about mounting the sprayer to your bracket

Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. How did you go about mounting the sprayer to your bracket

Thanks for the pics

:hi:

Just keep in the back of your head that a 25g tank adds 200# of weight to the seat area (plus the actual sprayer weight...mine is about 75#) of your tractor. This tractor handles the weight easily at 1100# but a lighter unit might have ballast issues especially going up hill. Depending on the overall height you end up with you may need to add ballast to the front with a full tank.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you get the NorthStar one like BXpanded uses in mine it is already setup to take four bolts underneath which are in line with the three point bracket. They might have a manual online with measurements.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I planned on adding 100-200lbs to the front of the unit. Hopefully this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I could find a used or extremely cheap 3point I would buy that but can't really justify the price as I need to add a snowblower or front blade for moving snow

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I planned on adding 100-200lbs to the front of the unit. Hopefully this helps

:thumbup1gif:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts