Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennessee Tractor is having an auction on 12 April at thier Somerville location. (just west of Somerville, TN on Hwy 64)

They have a few decent looking CUT's, including a 3005 w/FEL that only has 120 hrs. There was also a couple 3 series, and one with a cab.....

There is about 130 peices in the auction, including some rotary cutters (Saw a nice looking 48" frontier. Been bumped around but still a sound cutter.)

There is a couple X485's, X495's, a 2210 that looks like it has seen better days, several lawn tractors & Z Turns, etc.

I don't know if there is a buyers premium or reserve price on the equipment. The salesman I know said the last couple autions stuff was going pretty cheap.

I'll try and get a list of what is there, but if anyone is looking for something specific I'll find out for you.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'd like to go, just for fun! I'm working that weekend though. :cray:

Of course, if I attended, and prices were cheap, I'd probably bring something, (or several somethings) home!

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with one of thier salesmen that I have coffee with most mornings and he confirmed:

The auction is Absolute. No matter how low the highest bid is, you take it home!

There is no buyers premium. Only cost beside the sale price is sales tax. The Guvner wasn't his share.

He is going to try and get me a flyer or list when he can so that I can post it.

Reactions: felixm22

·
8,558 Posts
What's the percent State Sales Tax in TN? I've made road trips for less good reason! Would love to see the list!

Let's see......Work and make money

OR

Road trip and spend money

Decisions, decisions!!! :munch:

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Amazing. They steal it when you make it, and then again when you spend it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
If you go to the auction and you're from another state,would you pay tax for your home state? :unknown:
No. Tax is paid to the state the item is sold in.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Close!
9.45 percent

The 7 percent state sales tax rate in Tennessee, combined with an average 2.45 percent local sales tax rate across the state, boosts the Volunteer State's sales tax rate to the highest among the 50 states with an average tax levy on purchases of 9.45 percent.

Tennessee sales tax rate highest among 50 states | Times Free Press

Finally Maryland has something better than TN, we "only" have a 6% state sales tax:lol:
Unlike Maryland, I think Tennessee allows its citizens to have firearms.

·
Administrator
20,984 Posts

·
8,558 Posts
It's 9.25 in Sumner county, think its 9.45 in Rutherford. :unknown:

One nice thing about TN is no state income tax though.
No State income Tax in TX, and I thought our sales tax was ridiculous! 7.75% for the State, and another 0.5% in most city limits. Used to be a flat 5%, which worked well, and one could have it all calculated in their head, and have exact change ready at the check out. Now, I usually don't try, as I am never sure if a city or town has moved to that location, or annexed it. Add to that, some areas have an even higher rate to pay off bonds for building stupid sports arenas, etc. Tax on fuel is high in TX too, IMO, but I haven't looked to see how that compares with other states.

I guess my Texas Ag Exemption would be good in TN, if I bought something? :unknown:

How does anyone ever get ahead with all of the taxes and fees we are being constantly hit with? I know, take that to the politics thread........

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Unlike Maryland, I think Tennessee allows its citizens to have firearms.
Gee thanks...:hornets:

Not only can they "have" them, but carry them as well :gaah:

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
446 Posts
No income tax in Tennessee either. I lived two years there, one year in Hendersonville and one year in Portland.

The year we lived in Portland (which is on the KY\TN border) I think we did 90% of our shopping in Kentucky.

Edit: Missed 56FordGuys post, he mentioned the no income tax thing already.

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nabor77 has posted a link to the auction flyer in the "For Sale" thread.

Looks like it is gonna be a good one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts