Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to a silent auction today to look at a 4x4 JD 4560. 3500 hours. Our guess is that its going to go for 40-50K. Wish us luck, this would be our first big deere.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a MFWD yes and we did not get it. Our bid was 44K and it ended up going for over 55K.

I thought our bid was on the top end of what it was worth. We were 3rd in line.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Too bad you got outbid..I agree tho, I think your price was in line. Did you know the previous owner/condition of the tractor etc?

Overall how were the results of that auction? Everything go high?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No we did not know the people. We were able to test the tractor the week before. The tractor was dusty and dirty so we were able to check for oil leaks and such.

I cannot speak for the rest of the auction as I really only cared about the tractor. Nothing else interested me.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sounds like a lot of money, but if you look at comparable new tractor ~7730 similar horsepower, you're looking at $150,000 for a modestly equipped one. Also it seems more people are staying with older models until the new Tier4 emissions get out and get any bugs worked out. I expect to see good used tractors to climb in price even more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts