Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell if an auger is too big for your tractor? I got a really good deal on a lightly used auger. When I got it home I realized it had cat 2 pins. I've got an auger at the house that I borrowed from a friend and the frame and boom were roughly the same size, but the gear box is significantly bigger. I got some new pins and hooked it up to my 4010 MCUT (18.5HP 16PTO HP) and drilled some holes just for fun. Noticed it spun significantly slower than the borrowed auger, but seemed to dig faster, both 9" bits. Can't remember specifically what the brand is, may be launbacher or something similar.

Other question is about PTO slip clutch. Is there any downsides to using one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one on here knows the answer?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
So no one on here knows the answer?

Why would there be a down side to a slip clutch? Protects the drive line if adjusted properly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Why would there be a down side to a slip clutch? Protects the drive line if adjusted properly.

As to the other question, the auger is the key. Both are 9 inch. You can probably put a larger one on the bigger gear box, but then you might run into issues with power. I'm talking 18 or 24 inch. Should handle smaller., just go slow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts