Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 1023E. I was told that the auger from my old tractor would fit and work and for the most part it does. The problem is at the point where the arm contacts the bar between the roll over bar the tip of the auger is still touching the ground. What am i missing. My old Case was the same way at full lift on the three point. Augers are 4Ft.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
That's the "limited Cat 1" issue. The Limited Cat 1 doesn't lift as high as a full Cat 1 3pt hitch. If you want to use a PHD with your machine invest in a shorter auger. You can buy them in 36" and 42" lengths too.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have a 2018 1023E. I was told that the auger from my old tractor would fit and work and for the most part it does. The problem is at the point where the arm contacts the bar between the roll over bar the tip of the auger is still touching the ground. What am i missing. My old Case was the same way at full lift on the three point. Augers are 4Ft.
That's the "limited Cat 1" issue. The Limited Cat 1 doesn't lift as high as a full Cat 1 3pt hitch. If you want to use a PHD with your machine invest in a shorter auger. You can buy them in 36" and 42" lengths too.

What he said^^^^^^^ I have a 4ft auger on my 4066R and it barely clears the ground.

Dave

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Adjustable link

I replaced the fixed link on my 1025r to gain some height on my tiller when loading and unloading from my trailer, even though it does have a beavertail. It worked like a charm. An inch at the link translates to several inches 2 or 3 ft further back. In the case of the tiller, you are limited to raise it only as many inches as you can afford to lose in attachment drop. By readjusting to the max, you might gain quite a bit on the post hole auger. Fortunately or unfortunately, in now going to a 2025 I dont think this will be an issue any more, besides, the 1025 link is different than the 2025 so the link is no longer of use and I guess itll just go with the trade in. The bottom line is...it will definitely help but Im not sure if itll be as much as you want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts