Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about augers.
Will a auger from tractor supply fit a frontier post hole digger.
Are the auger mounts the same?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have a question about augers.
Will a auger from tractor supply fit a frontier post hole digger.
Are the auger mounts the same?
Thanks for any help.
Yes. I have TSC 12 inch auger bit on my Frontier PHD 300.

You just have to make sure the bit diameter is the same as the PDH and also that the two bolt holes will line up so you can secure the auger bit to the PHD.

I believe there is an industry standard so it's generally not an issue. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't see what tractor you own, but the one other thing that could be an issue would be length if you have a limited cat 1 tractor. The TSC augers are a bit longer than the JD ones designed for the PHD100. But I believe I have seen reports of people using the TSC augers with their 1025r.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
I have a 1025r with the frontier phd100. It has a 9" auger. Just need to get a 6" for 4X4 post.
Again thanks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yes. I have TSC 12 inch auger bit on my Frontier PHD 300.

You just have to make sure the bit diameter is the same as the PDH and also that the two bolt holes will line up so you can secure the auger bit to the PHD.

I believe there is an industry standard so it's generally not an issue. :bigthumb:

Huh.....Maybe not? My auger screws on to the PHD, which is some American made unit purchased from Runnings. It's not easy to put or to get off, requiring a large pipe wrench, sweat and curse words.

Al

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I have a 1025r with the frontier phd100. It has a 9" auger. Just need to get a 6" for 4X4 post.
Again thanks.
Take a look at this thread - http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/78385-posthole-digger-auger-questions.html

I asked the same question when I first got my 1025r. There are pictures from Bubber of his TSC auger with measurements, along with pictures from one of my augers. From the pictures, i suspect it will work.

If you buy the TSC, could you please update this thread to report the success (or failure, but I'm an optimist :laugh:)? Having one confirmed report of it working would be very useful information for those of us with the phd100.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Again thanks.
Just my 2 cents but I would use the 9 inch auger for the 4x4 posts. Reason being with a larger hole it is much easier to line up your posts if you want a perfectly straight fence line. I started doing 500 feet of fence with a 6 inch auger and got so frustrated not being able to move the posts in the holes that I went and purchased the TSC 9 inch and life became easy. Fit perfectly on my frontier phd 100 and made it really easy to line up the posts with a little extra room in the hole. It also made it easier to tamp them in. My fence is still standing strong after 2 hurricanes 2 years in a row, we lost some trees but no fence.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't see what tractor you own, but the one other thing that could be an issue would be length if you have a limited cat 1 tractor. The TSC augers are a bit longer than the JD ones designed for the PHD100. But I believe I have seen reports of people using the TSC augers with their 1025r.
TSC/Countyline post hole digger on my 1025r. Yes, it works...

1025 trees2.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
TSC/Countyline post hole digger on my 1025r. Yes, it works...
I knew I had seen reports of it working but usually with a different brand of phd than mine. But I'm hoping for a Frontier PHD100 owner to buy one and verify... yep, purely selfish reasons. :lol:

And then I read Robnik's post where he bought the 9" TSC auger for his PHD100 and it worked fine... Good to know, since they seem to have larger sizes that could prove useful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts