Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the site, I have a 6400 that blows the mail ignition fuse 30a no1 in fuse panel and only blows when forward or reverse are selected. It does not blow when first start for the day but after 5 minutes it blows and after that it blows after 10 seconds, the fault was intermittent at first now regular can anyone help please .
Regards Dudley

·
Registered
257 Posts
Intermittent electrical is the worst. My sympathies. I would look at what is fed from the main fuse. If nothing obvious is found, insert a suitable lower rated amp fuse in various spots to see where the abnormal draw is. If the low amp fuse blows, yet the main doesn't, you've narrowed the trouble location in the circuit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You might save yourself some fuses by inserting a circuit breaker instead of the 30 amp fuse. Don't exceed the 30 amps or you might have a burned machine. I'd use a 25 amp CB since it is slower than a fuse. In fact while you're looking for the fault, a fire extinguisher close at hand is a good idea.

We'd appreciate you reporting back what the problem is. It'll help someone else

·
Registered
971 Posts
Since you mentioned it only blows fuse when in forward or reverse, I am going to guess you have the electronic left hand reverser. My guess is you have a bad solenoid under the transmission. There are three solenoids in a row on bottom side of transmission. One is for forward, one is reverse, and one is enable solenoid. The enable solenoid is energized when forward and reverse is selected. My guess is that is the one that is causing your problem. Disconnect each one and test across the terminals of the solenoids. If any one is less than 8 ohm resistance, it is bad. If you find the bad one, RE50782 is part number Of course this is only a guess, could have shorted wire somewhere also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts