Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1025R ,I took the deck off tonight .i really had to fight to get that lever off the back. I got it off but I cannot get it back on. in the directions it says to remove pto shaft .I watched a bunch of videos none of them do this step . i also removed the black hydrualic line from deck .i didnt see anyone do this in the video either. I cant move my pto selector either ,its stuck .I hope I didnt break anything . I also seen the guy s in the video get off their tractor & it kept running .When come off my seat it shuts off.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I just got a 1025R ,I took the deck off tonight .i really had to fight to get that lever off the back. I got it off but I cannot get it back on. in the directions it says to remove pto shaft .I watched a bunch of videos none of them do this step . i also removed the black hydrualic line from deck .i didnt see anyone do this in the video either. I cant move my pto selector either ,its stuck .I hope I didnt break anything . I also seen the guy s in the video get off their tractor & it kept running .When come off my seat it shuts off.
I'll try to answer some of your questions.

The tractor dies when you get off because you are leaving it in gear. Put it in neutral and it will keep running.

Normally when you can't release the rear lock on the deck it is because the deck isn't lowered all of the way down or because you forgot the release all of the gauge wheels so that the deck can rest on the ground. It could also be because the tractor is trying to roll backwards on you and it's putting pressure on the lock.

If you have the autoconnect PTO then you don't have to remove anything.

There is no reason to remove the hydraulic hose unless you are putting the loader on and need the port.

If your PTO selector is stuck try this. It will work. Very quickly pull the PTO nob up and then push it right back down. Then try shifting the lever just as the PTO is stopping. With a new tractor the gears are really tight so if there is any pressure on them it will be hard to shift.

Let us know if that solved your woes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll try to answer some of your questions.

The tractor dies when you get off because you are leaving it in gear. Put it in neutral and it will keep running.

Normally when you can't release the rear lock on the deck it is because the deck isn't lowered all of the way down or because you forgot the release all of the gauge wheels so that the deck can rest on the ground. It could also be because the tractor is trying to roll backwards on you and it's putting pressure on the lock.

If you have the autoconnect PTO then you don't have to remove anything.

There is no reason to remove the hydraulic hose unless you are putting the loader on and need the port.

If your PTO selector is stuck try this. It will work. Very quickly pull the PTO nob up and then push it right back down. Then try shifting the lever just as the PTO is stopping. With a new tractor the gears are really tight so if there is any pressure on them it will be hard to shift
All good information but I would like to add something. I consistently had trouble releasing the rear lock of the deck mount and it was because the front draft arm was slightly out of adjustment on the left side in my case. It kept pressure on the lock. If I pulled the deck back by hand I could get the pressure off and release the lock. I just had to adjust the draft arm a few turns of the nut to take care of the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I will try that . I tried pulling the mower back , that rear lock lock wont even go up .I had to beat on them to get them off.when I removed the deck. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
14,408 Posts
Good to hear your back in business.

FIY Just a thought, tire pressure can cause you trouble , latching or unlatching.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I way over complicated that .Thats what I get for listening to my father in law with a kubota. I see a JD in his future ,he couldnt let it be .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts