Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my deck would not come off the tractor i took the lift bars and pto loose took it off. then i had to beat the auto connect apart with a hammer the set screws on the mower side had came loose and wedged it tight new set screws with lock tight and its good to go hope that helps someone that has that problem

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Thanks for the tip. What tractor and what deck?.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Happened to me too last year on my x758 and 60HC deck. Same thing. Set screw loosened up and wedged it on. I posted a thread about it somewhere. Would have been either in the Lawn & Garden tractor section or over on MTF. Definitely was a confusing situation at first and then a pain to try to hammer it apart. Used Loc-tite when reassembling the set screws.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Yep, checking the tightness of the spline adapter set screw is one of those maintenance checks that is not a listed maintenance check in the manual. Sort of like spray lubing all pivot points and linkage pins.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Allen set screw

This seems to happen a lot based on reading the threads. I’m debating to take the set screw out and put some medium loctite on it next time I wash the deck.

·
Premium Member
14,106 Posts
I posted last year this happened on the x738 I use. what a PIA .

I used loctite when I put the set screws in, also came home and did the same for mine plus checked them when ever I have the mower deck off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts