Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
has anybody seen or know of an Auto quick hitch that works for the pins on the front of a CX300 loader ? either hydraulic or electric, just to do the pins when changing front attachments ?
cheers
Jono

·
Administrator
18,466 Posts
Reactions: Big J

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've put some thought into this. I initially though of electric solenoids, most I found wouldn't have the length of pull required. I found that Cummins mechanical injection pump fuel shutoff solenoids would have the length of pull, problem being they are not intended or able to be mounted vertically. So I then thought about using little pneumatic cylinders. Then how would you keep air on board. For me I thought about having a small reserve tank that could be filled using the air pump for the seat, or CO2 cylinders with a regulator. But you all know that when you needed to use it, it would be empty. I've back burner-ed it for the time being, but I want to look more into it this winter.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I've put some thought into this. I initially though of electric solenoids, most I found wouldn't have the length of pull required. I found that Cummins mechanical injection pump fuel shutoff solenoids would have the length of pull, problem being they are not intended or able to be mounted vertically.
I can't see why they couldn't be mounted vertically. It is just an electric solenoid, not something that must be mounted a certain way. I found this pic on google...

2011-06-06_015646_p7100_solenoid.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't see why they couldn't be mounted vertically. It is just an electric solenoid, not something that must be mounted a certain way. I found this pic on google...

View attachment 472042
John, that I believe is a P-Pump off a cummins 12valve(light duty truck) engine. It doesnt have the length of pull required, need better then 1.500". The ones I had found with the length of pull required were off an industrial cummins engine(I believe). I just looked back through all my paperwork and cant find the solenoids I had spec'd out. Ill see if I can find them again.

·
Registered
99 Posts

View attachment 472042
Just found these, 1.5" stroke, little pricey though
Untitled.png

·
Registered
4,439 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I've put some thought into this. I initially though of electric solenoids, most I found wouldn't have the length of pull required. I found that Cummins mechanical injection pump fuel shutoff solenoids would have the length of pull, problem being they are not intended or able to be mounted vertically. So I then thought about using little pneumatic cylinders. Then how would you keep air on board. For me I thought about having a small reserve tank that could be filled using the air pump for the seat, or CO2 cylinders with a regulator. But you all know that when you needed to use it, it would be empty. I've back burner-ed it for the time being, but I want to look more into it this winter.

Just curious but, where would you mount a solenoid? The JDQA bracket itself sits immediately inside of the pin location. If you mount the solenoid on the outside, it would extend beyond the side of the bucket. I'd give that 10 minutes before being knocked off.

Is the idea to drill through the JDQA bracket and go through it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
And why can't they be mounted vertically?
This one can, the ones I had found earlier this year were not able to be, I dont know why

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just curious but, where would you mount a solenoid? The JDQA bracket itself sits immediately inside of the pin location. If you mount the solenoid on the outside, it would extend beyond the side of the bucket. I'd give that 10 minutes before being knocked off.

Is the idea to drill through the JDQA bracket and go through it?
My intention was to fab a bracket to mount to the pin storage hole so the solenoid would be directly over the pin for a straight pull. Problem being finding one with a small enough OD to fit in that location

·
Registered
22 Posts
i was thinking something like this, a local company use them on the rear tail gates on grain trucks so they should be strong enough...http://harvestaire.com.au/tractor-parts-catalogue/files/assets/common/page-substrates/page0032.jpg
That looks like what Caterpillar uses on my 289D CTL for the skid steer mounting of buckets and implements. Electric motor running hydraulic cylinder in a linear motion with brackets to pull the pins. Not perfect but it works. You have to keep the pins greased or it will not release all the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts